Can you imagine the shipping weight of THAT in resin????? :o

Comes with own sea container for surface, or for those wanting a speedy delivery, cut price rates for AN-124 transportation.

:blink:

MikeJ

Can you imagine the shipping weight of THAT in resin????? :blink:

Resin??? I think we better build it out of Aluminum. Or maybe Titanium I-beams. :crying:

I'd expect to be able to FLY the flipping thing! :thumbsup:

-Kevin in Indy (and I have NO intention of sharing whatever it is I've been taking *LOL* )

Don't see a scale anywhere?!

Randy is a member of the same club that I am in and he has been bringing this in as he progressed on it. He brought the finished piece in at the last meeting and I think they said it was somewhere around the 1/144th scale.

Mike

Randy is a member of the same club that I am in and he has been bringing this in as he progressed on it. He brought the finished piece in at the last meeting and I think they said it was somewhere around the 1/144th scale.

Mike

Figured it would be around there. Shame - a 1/72 kit to go with all those Fine Molds kits would have been nice... :woo:

I love the bit where he says 'This is a kit. You will get the parts and instructions to build it yourself' I still encounter ADULTS who walk into a hobby shop and are offended that they not only have to build the thing but paint it as well, then walk off muttering about a waste of time.

I love the bit where he says 'This is a kit. You will get the parts and instructions to build it yourself' I still encounter ADULTS who walk into a hobby shop and are offended that they not only have to build the thing but paint it as well, then walk off muttering about a waste of time.

Barbarians...neanderthals....Imagine going into a bakery and finding out you actually have to CHEW the food to enjoy the sweet wonders....

For as much resin as this thing will take... it's a bargain for the garage kit industry.

It is a good price.

There's probably close to $100 worth of resin there.

Several hundred dollars worth of RTV to make the molds.

Probably takes several hours to cast and package each model.

Not to mention tons of hours to make the master.

Speaking of "the Master", you are also purchasing a piece of artwork from Randy Cooper and it don't get much better than that...

:whistle:

It is a good price.

There's probably close to $100 worth of resin there.

Several hundred dollars worth of RTV to make the molds.

Probably takes several hours to cast and package each model.

Not to mention tons of hours to make the master.

Speaking of "the Master", you are also purchasing a piece of artwork from Randy Cooper and it don't get much better than that...

:cheers:

AMEN!!!

Ok. So first of all... it is a very nice kit. This is not a beginner kit as Anubis was quick to point out. The amount of detail and the amount of resin does warrant the price. It's a very good deal, IMHO, for a garage kit. The resin is good quality. It's well thought out in its design... almost begging to be lit by LEDs. Thanks to Randy, this beauty will finally be added to my collection!

The kit comes with a picture CD that should take you through the process fairly easily. Also includes a print out to help line up the 11 engines. Look at all the parts! Can of Coke their for size perspective.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/bbeargie/rbr.jpg

Some of the RPF folks will likely question the finer points of accuracy, but it is pretty darn close on my first glance at Star Wars Chronicles. Proportions look spot on. It is a high quality representation. Hats off to Randy for a great kit.

Packaging was nice. Lots of peanuts and packing material. Casting is adequate. Not the best, but not the worst given some of the complexity of the kit. Nicely hollow pieces should make this a nice kit to put together. There are blobs of resin in some parts that make me think the master molds had air bubbles. Certain details are sacrificed, but definitely workable. Below is one of the bad pieces. As you can see, not the worst, but not clean.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c269/bbeargie/rbrblob.jpg

Overall, pretty darn pleased!