1/32 YF-23 Black Widow II

:cheers: B) :banana:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WROOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

still wondering WHY the F-22?????????? even tody there is stil trouble with the raptor on how many to buy. congress wants more F-15's that do the job perfectly, and the only good type to replace the eagle is the F-23.

why did they not listen to the experts!!!

I truly love your model Zacto!!!!! any progres we can see?? Keep up the good work!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WROOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

still wondering WHY the F-22??????????

I'd hate to see my thread get locked down...

Admit it though Waco...It's an awesome looking bird...

Progress came to a complete halt when I got swamped with Su-27 parts orders. Since then I've been struggling to keep up while dealing with life and having to work lots of OT at my day-job :huh: I'm finally actually almost completely caught up (only 1 more combo order to fill!!!)

Unfortunately(? :banana: ) something else has come up so I probably won't be able to concentrate on the 23 for a while yet....... :D

Here's a bad picture showing what little I did get done since the last pics.

YF-23051sm.jpg

;)

• 2 weeks later...

The YF-23 is still better in everything than the F-22 ever will be!! The design is awesome, and I would not be supriced if it comes up out of some black program.

The reason why it was not going into production was pure political and work related nothing technical at all. It flew perfectly and the design was never seen before, most of the design work was done by than McDonnell Douglas, and Boeing never made any fighter design. The fielding of the F-22 is still an problem, and altough the YF-23 never flew operational it would have done it perfectly.

I sure do not want this thread getting locked. I respond late as I could not find it back, but found it. The work Zacktoman is doing is magic!!!! :thumbsup: :D

OK, so we all agree...

1. The YF-23 is without a doubt the better looking aircraft.

2. There's no way of saying just how much better than the F-22 it would have been...

:rofl:

Unfortunately(? :cheers: ) something else has come up so I probably won't be able to concentrate on the 23 for a while yet....... :(
The YF-23 kit is officially temporarily on hold. :(

At the moment I'm working on a 1/32 A-7 Corsair correction kit.

:rofl:

1. The YF-23 is without a doubt the better looking aircraft.

2. There's no way of saying just how much better than the F-22 it would have been...

Not to get too much into the politics thing, but I believe I've heard that the main reason for the eventual selection of the F-22 was that it was the more manouvrable contender, while the YF-23 was supposedly somewhat more stealthy but with a tradeoff in agility.

I may be totally wrong, though...

Cheers,

Andre

Not to get too much into the politics thing, but I believe I've heard that the main reason for the eventual selection of the F-22 was that it was the more manouvrable contender, while the YF-23 was supposedly somewhat more stealthy but with a tradeoff in agility.

I may be totally wrong, though...

Cheers,

Andre

Actually, I don't think anyone here will ever know for certain all the reasons why the YF-22 was chosen over the YF-23. From what you can see just by looking at both planes though, I'm sure the YF-23's emphasis was in stealth and speed, which is well known, and the YF-22's advantage is in maneuverability. I'm sure other things needs to be taken into consideration in choosing the best overall design in these two competing fighters, and was done so back in 1991. The YF-23 is unfortunately in the history books and need to let it go in that respect instead of dwelling on the "what could have been" thing. We'll remember it's great design in the form of good models and such, because it'll never exist as an operational fighter. The F-22 however is here and now, and I'm sure exceeding the requirements set forth for it.

The F-22 however is here and now, and I'm sure exceeding the requirements set forth for it.

Oh, totally agree. And I may be an exception, but I'll take the more rounded look of the production F-22 over the more angular YF-22 any day of the week.

Hmmm... when I get my old "nostalgia PC" up and running, I really must replay Total Air War... 8)

Cheers,

Andre

Oh, totally agree. And I may be an exception, but I'll take the more rounded look of the production F-22 over the more angular YF-22 any day of the week.

Hmmm... when I get my old "nostalgia PC" up and running, I really must replay Total Air War... 8)

Cheers,

Andre

You and me both. :)

Also, funny you mentioned TAW. I have that and the orginal F-22 ADF. I got those because they were recommended to me by a friend and the fact he knew I love the Raptor. Then I bought my new computer over two years ago and because of Win XP, can't play them anymore. :(

• 10 months later...

Hi Zactoman.

Have you done something on this bird? Any progress?

I cant to get my hands on this one. :banana:

PS: But i wont probably build it in long time because of my skills... :D

YF-23picsm.jpg

Wow!

Thanks for the encouraging comments and the renewed interest!

Coincidence that I unpacked it and set it on the workbench just days before this thread resurfaced?

I will be pretty busy for a while casting and filling A-7 orders and there are a few small projects I might undertake to generate some income, but the plan for now is to get back on this project and finish it!

I'll post more progress when I can get to it.

Chris :cheers: