1/32 YF-23 Black Widow II

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We better not put the pressure on him

rushing is never good for quality wise 11.gif

Yes, but at this point if Chris sent me a bad copy of a copy of a copy of what he has right now

and even jumped up and down on the pieces a few times, I would still open the box

and roll around naked in the shattered pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
We better not put the pressure on him

rushing is never good for quality wise 11.gif

Yes, but at this point if Chris sent me a bad copy of a copy of a copy of what he has right now

and even jumped up and down on the pieces a few times, I would still open the box

and roll around naked in the shattered pieces.

Well whaever happens In Vegas (Or on Him) Stays in Vegas...

And back to our regularly scheduled posting...

Dave I just had to pick my jaw off the floor...

My wife thought I was looking at Pr0n....

Saw your YF-23 and said... Yep Model Pr0n

William G

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Will the final model be molded with the separate wings? or like the f-22 kits with wings attached to fuselage?
I would have liked to have the wings molded to the fuselage to eliminate the seam but it would be just too big for me to cast that way so the wings will be separate parts. They will have holes molded in place and I will be including metal rods as shown in the photos.
Yes. It looks like we are getting ever close to the final product!!! :blink:
While it looks temptingly close to finished there is still a whole bunch left for me to do.

Unfortunately as I've mentioned several times earlier in the thread, I haven't been able to work on it as I've had to continue producing other products to keep the income flowing.

For now it's a beautiful dust collector...

:blink:

While it looks temptingly close to finished there is still a whole bunch left for me to do.

Unfortunately as I've mentioned several times earlier in the thread, I haven't been able to work on it as I've had to continue producing other products to keep the income flowing.

For now it's a beautiful dust collector...

:worship:

Ahh, but i have been watching since about the beginning so, five years down the line, I would say we ARE closer to the end than the beginning!

I myself would kill for a copy from the original mold!

:-)

• 1 month later...

Well' guy's now that we have this awesome YF23 on the way in 1/32 we might be seeing the Raptor in 1/32 soon, I just saw on the ( sybermodeler online's ) updated future release page that Trumpeter is working on a F22Rator in 1/32' :cheers::nanner: I hope it will come close to the awsome accuracy and detail of this work of art' but I doubt it.

am I the last to know this? or is it old news? heres the list...

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/2011_acft_scale.shtml

It's Trumpeter, so that means it's either really close to release or years away. They tend to flood the "Coming Soon" pipe with projects 4 or 5 years away from realization.

Yeah' they are also working on the F-35 JSF in 1/32 this is good news even even if we have to wait a while...and im sure the F-35 would be much better than the one Lindberg anounced "awhile ago. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

WOW would be an understatement, I've just spent over an hour reading and following your build and design work. It blows me away, one day I'll be able to afford your kits, but for now, this is the best detailed process I've seen bar none. Not to take away from any one that post pic's of there work, and some awesome builds on this forum, this is just the "BEST WORK" I've seen, never stop doing what you love. Thanks Chris!!!

Tonal

• 1 month later...
how much?

when?

I don't know and I don't know:

I can't give a firm price or timeline.

Until I have it nearly finished, an idea of how many parts and how difficult it will be to mold, costs for the decals, photo-etch, metal gear struts, packaging, etc., I don't know what it will end up costing. I'll probably wait until it's all molded up and I've cast several copies to get a feel for how long each set takes and how difficult before deciding on a final price.

As far as a timeline goes, that depends on too many other factors, like how well my current products sell or if I need to keep spending time on the smaller items to survive.

You may not be crazy about the smaller stuff but it keeps food on the table and keeps me from having to go out and find a 'real' job ;)

Besides, I like the variety doing lots of different projects, though I'm really looking forward to getting back to the 23.

I wish I could say I was getting closer, but I haven't had time to work on it at all since the last update...

:(

• 1 month later...