1/32 YF-23 Black Widow II

Guess that's an obvious duh on my part. The deviations in the shape mean it'd be almost an entirely new casting but might be able to share a few components here and there.

I'll be happy if/when you can finish the YF, as well! I'm gonna start buying some of your 1/32 missiles just to support the cause. You don't do AMRAAMs, do you?

• 7 months later...

"Good things come to those who wait."

Being a former McDonnell Douglas employee, I have a personal, employment relationship with the YF-23.

That being said; I will gladly wait patiently and with great expectations for the YF-23 kit to be released.

Thanks very much for developing it smile.gif !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good things do indeed come to those who wait, and I'll wait as long as it takes to get my hands on one of these. It's at the top of the list and I suspect the demand for it will easily exceed all expectations with ease - bringing in a substantial windfall for Zactomodels!

• 8 months later...

Chris I know awhile ago you were looking for these Multi Function Displays, 'Glass' Instrument Bezels, Side Console Switchgear & Panels, Ejection Seat details & handles and Canopy rear-view mirrors.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=59746

http://www.airscale.co.uk/store.php#!/1-32-Scale-Modern-Jet-Details/p/58010381/category=15515257

Cheers

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, tzanarc said:

I m wondering if there is a light at the end of the tunnel (and at our souls) 🙂 

You know what they say, "Dust never sleeps". And she is still collecting dust for the time being.

If I can strike it rich by hitting the Lotto I will drop everything and finish the project. If only I could earn enough $ as an aftermarket guy to be able to afford a Lotto ticket...

14 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Chris have you seen this book ?

http://www.ginterbooks.com/AIRFORCE/AFL220.htm

Why yes:

Some good comments and even a great photo in that thread!  :rolleyes:

:cheers:

What about a “GOFUNDME” campaign Chris on the YF-23 Kit?  A lot of us have a big interest in this aircraft and i’m pretty sure you might be shocked to see the vested interest from this site plus a couple others that would probably take stock in this.

It might be worth putting a interest Poll to see the response.

Just saying!

I know I would be in for sure one if not two if we got a really good response.

6 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Why yes:

Some good comments and even a great photo in that thread!  :rolleyes:

Doh!

They say memory is the second thing to go when you get old.  I forget what the first thing is.....

On 9/5/2019 at 4:08 AM, Rocketdrvr said:

What about a “GOFUNDME” campaign Chris on the YF-23 Kit?  A lot of us have a big interest in this aircraft and i’m pretty sure you might be shocked to see the vested interest from this site plus a couple others that would probably take stock in this.

It might be worth putting a interest Poll to see the response.

Just saying!

I know I would be in for sure one if not two if we got a really good response.

It could be something that can blow the dust away as Zactoman seems to be the only one who gets accuracy and quality serious in respect of the yf-23

On 9/4/2019 at 7:08 PM, Rocketdrvr said:

What about a “GOFUNDME” campaign Chris on the YF-23 Kit?

Same reply for GOFUNDME, but thanks for considering it:

On 5/5/2009 at 9:59 PM, Zactoman said:

I have a problem with the idea of pre-orders.

I couldn't stand the idea of taking somebodies money unless I have something finished and ready to sell to them. I've been very frustrated the times I've had my products on back-order with customers waiting. I prefer to ship my products on the same day I get the orders...

The other reason I won't do pre-orders is that I can't give a firm price or timeline.

Until I have it nearly finished, an idea of how many parts and how difficult it will be to mold, costs for the decals, photo-etch, metal gear struts, packaging, etc., I don't know what it will end up costing. I'll probably wait until it's all molded up and I've cast several copies to get a feel for how long each set takes and how difficult before deciding on a final price.

As far as a timeline goes, that depends on too many other factors, like how well my current products sell or if I need to keep spending time on the smaller items to survive.

You may not be crazy about the smaller stuff but it keeps food on the table and keeps me from having to go out and find a 'real' job 😉

Besides, I like the variety doing lots of different projects, though I'm really looking forward to getting back to the 23.

🙂

:cheers:

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...