1/32 YF-23 Black Widow II

Isn't it odd that we're going to have a nice model of the YF-23 in 1/32nd scale before there's one of the

F-22? I personally like the look of the Black Widow better - but the Raptor has grown on me, and there isn't any doubt that seeing it fly in person at Tyndall AFB was an impressive experience.

Hitch

Waiting patiently to order

• 1 month later...

Mr. Zacto will there be a pre-order list? I have the CollectAire kit is is not up to the rest of their kits. It builds up OK but it is of the YF, I converted it into an Operational F-23 using Official Northrop release notes on what the Production version would be like. It is sort of like Luft 46 building but I wanted to see what if it would been like if the F-23 had won. I would like to convert your kit into a production version maybe Navalized. The navy is where the F-23 ALMOST got a second shot. The last news I heard about the YF airframes was that they were being used for Distructve and NDSF testing as even as of late they still were useful due to the main spar and monocock composite construction.

I am egerly awaiting news on the kits release specs.

Thank you!

NOW how about a TA-7 conversion!

Once upon a time, in a high school far far away, all of its students were 1/32 models.

Everyone were friends with each other. They hung out together; they exchanged decals and ordnance during lunch. Everyone was happy...

...until a BIG BAD Flanker came to the school. The Flanker had a very bad attitude and he bullied everyone in the school yard.

ml1.jpg

They wish the Flanker would just leave them alone, but he kept on pushing and pushing. Everyone was afraid of him. They wish they could fight back, but they were limited in their abilities

ml2.jpg

All of them have heard of rumors of a 1/32 YF-23 Black Widow from Zactomodels. He is the good guy that could help the poor 1/32 jets against the Flanker. They all wish YF-23 was there.

ml3.jpg

Chris, please please please bring on the YF-23!!!!

ml3.jpg
:lol:

You just made my day Terry! :worship:

I'll get back to it soon enough. Gotta make some money first so I can eat while I make the masters. Modelmaking makes me hungry!

The last news I heard about the YF airframes was that they were being used for Distructve and NDSF testing as even as of late they still were useful due to the main spar and monocock composite construction.
:banana: Say it ain't so!!!

Last I heard:

PAV-1 (dk. grey) was at Edwards then moved to Dayton, Ohio to the USAF Museum. Walkaround is here: YF-23 (PAV-1)

PAV-2 was at Hawthorne's WMOF and is now behind a fence just out of public view at the Northrop facilities in Hawthorne.

;) :doh:

That story you have there Loftycomfort is actually quite representative of what goes on in a middle school...not a high school.

In middle school the kids only 'think' and 'wish' about fighting the bullies...in high school people tend to 'gang bang' the bullies regardless of fighting abilities. :beer4:

Edited by AnthonyWan
  • 1 month later...

having only just found this thread and being too tired to read through it all right now (sorry if this as already been said)

is there a price set for this kit yet and is there an aproximate release date.

also do you know how many you will make?

loving your work! keep it up. will spend ours looking through your site and various assosiated threads on here tomorrow!!

Hmmmm....I think ya missed one..... :taunt:

:D

Seriously though, that is some super slick scribing work Zactoman. The finesse is remarkable as is the consistency of each line and rivet.

I know that you're very busy but if you ever get the chance, a step by step "how to..." over in Tools & Tips would be most welcome. :P

Whenever I've tried scribing any parts I've never achieved anything close to this.

Superb work Chris :D

:banana: