1/32 YF-23 Black Widow II

:blink:

You never stop impressing me Zacto! Can you explain how you made that part not where wheel is connected (not strut) but that part which support it. I mean how you made "inner" structure if you know what i mean.

Edited by Berkut
Dude...this thing is going to be the Bugatti Veyron of model kits.
Thanks, but sorry I don't do cars, just airplanes ;)
Can you do an art scheme using Coca-Cola??? ;)

Jason

Sorry Jason, but I haven't had the time for 'fun' stuff lately. I've been working on another 'serious' profile a little bit between molding, casting and the YF-23. I may eventually throw some whif markings on it...

Jeff G. (Black-Ops) did a really nice Coca-Cola MiG-15 >>>here<<< or you can request something on the ARC 'what if' thread >>>here<<<.

Can you explain how you made that part not where wheel is connected (not strut) but that part which support it. I mean how you made "inner" structure if you know what i mean.
The majority of the support was built using strip styrene and sheet plastic for the larger triangular section.

Nosegear_Brace.jpg

Hopefully you can get a better idea of the construction from this picture.

The larger triangular area is a sandwich of three sheets of .020 styrene, the center having a small trinagle cut out and the outers a larger triangle and teardrop shape cut out.

The narrow area is constructed with two thicknesses of strip styrene on edge for the edges with a .020" piece layed flat and glued along the center and a couple of .015" X .020" cross pieces.

The fillet was made with Milliput epoxy putty, shaped with rounded toothpicks and denatured alcohol.

This small support was made the same way.

Nose_gear3.jpg

:cheers:

Great job on the YF-23. In addition to being a great model, this thread is turning into one of the best sources for pictures of the YF-23.

I love the latest update and the work you have done on the landing gear. The pictures make it look like the gear is ready to go, like you could press a button and they'd retract and extend.

Keep up the great work, and continued success on your other projects!

-- Chris

Hi Chris,

She looks pretty good so far. I'm wondering if the cockpit will be detailed as well? Will there an internal weapons bay? What are the chances of it available for x'mas?

Thank you and looking forward to paypal-ing you some yf-23 money.

Cheers,

Terry

That looks great Zacto-dude :D

You know, I'm working on some fiddly, undercarriage related stuff at present and I genuinely can't comprehend how you keep everything so neat and precise :cheers:

There are no blobs of glue anywhere, no rivets out of place, all of the corners are neat and square......it really is bewildering :o

It certainly gives me something to aspire to.

Thanks for posting such clear and detailed pics Zacto, they're a pleasure to look at.

:thumbsup:

That looks great Zacto-dude :D

You know, I'm working on some fiddly, undercarriage related stuff at present and I genuinely can't comprehend how you keep everything so neat and precise :wacko:

There are no blobs of glue anywhere, no rivets out of place, all of the corners are neat and square......it really is bewildering :o

It certainly gives me something to aspire to.

Thanks for posting such clear and detailed pics Zacto, they're a pleasure to look at.

:lol:

You're absolutely right! I was wondering the same and thinking what is different on Zactoman's work compared to others and it really is just as you said. It's just so very neatly done.

Not that yours would be any worse though, Guy. People that love details produce the kind of models I truly admire.

• 2 weeks later...
You know, I'm working on some fiddly, undercarriage related stuff at present and I genuinely can't comprehend how you keep everything so neat and precise :whistle:

There are no blobs of glue anywhere, no rivets out of place, all of the corners are neat and square......it really is bewildering :cheers:

Thank you Guy for the inspiring work that you do. Your F-16 gear well is definitely inspiring me on this!

As for being neat, I just go really slow and re-do things (a lot).

As for clear pictures, I got my camera fixed! I've been using Zactowomans camera which is actually a better camera but I just couldn't figure it out...Here are a few from my newly repaired camera:

Nose_gear6.jpg

The color looks a bit off, but the pictures came out pretty clear.

Nose_gear7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

:tumble: