1/32 YF-23 Black Widow II

Zactoman,will your kit come with a list of good divorce lawyers? I've been watching your progress and you are a detail master....when its finished ,and i buy one (there is no doubt in my mind),i know im at least looking at $300 plus(because of the work involved).I dont think the wife is gonna understand.........ill miss her. BRING IT ON!!!!! :shoot:

Zactoman,will your kit come with a list of good divorce lawyers? I've been watching your progress and you are a detail master....when its finished ,and i buy one (there is no doubt in my mind),i know im at least looking at $300 plus(because of the work involved).I dont think the wife is gonna understand.........ill miss her. BRING IT ON!!!!! :deadhorse1:

:lol:

hummmmmmm actually

:thumbsup:

Ps : keep talking about kits and she will buy you kits and tools

==> own experience

Hey Zactoman whens the next update? Drop the SU-35 Conversion set and get cracking on this build.......pleasssssssssssssssse! We are missing the updates!
2009?

Unfortunately as I previously mentioned, I need to keep producing new (smaller) products to keep myself fed. I'll get back to it...

Su-35 conversion? What you talkin bout Willis? :D

:woot.gif:

• 5 weeks later...

Hey the next thing we need to start buggin ya for is a 1/32 F-16 D kit

Dad can we have a 2 seatr F-16 yet?

I can do this all day!!!

:)

Ric

It's still on hold for now.

The MiG-29 parts are almost finished (but now I'm getting pummeled with requests for other MiG-29 parts...)

I hope to get back to my baby soon...

Thanks for the enthusiasm and pressure! :wacko:

>>>Yes!<<<

• 2 months later...

Hey Chris,

I love your work... truly amazing...

I have a question about the markings... do you know what the one on the side of the plane just aft of the pit is? kinda looks like a squid on a blue shield.... I really need to know this as we are in final approach for putting out our M$ Flight Simulator model and i would hate to get it wrong...

Lemme know...

thanks,

Colin

PS, i'll take the answer from anyone.... :whistle:

Edited by krazycolin
I love your work... truly amazing...

I have a question about the markings... do you know what the one on the side of the plane just aft of the pit is? kinda looks like a squid on a blue shield.... I really need to know this as we are in final approach for putting out our M$ Flight Simulator model and i would hate to get it wrong...

Thanks Colin! :wave:

The badge is for the "Air Force Systems Command"

Systems_Command_large.jpg

(http://www.trophyexpress.com/usaf/images/Systems_Command_large.jpg)

Note that the outline, shown in yellow in the logo above, is done in alternating black and white the give a 'silver' look on the YF-23.

Check the pictures here and here.

I have received lots of e-mail asking the status of this model.

Unfortunately I've had it on hold since my last update while I've worked on other small projects.

I will be working on it a little here and there when I get the chance and will certainly post new pictures when I have something interesting to show.

I will be taking the pattern to the US IPMS Nationals in Columbus Ohio in August and displaying it at my vendor table. If any of you are there, please stop by and check it out and introduce yourself!

:cheers:

Chris

Hey the next thing we need to start buggin ya for is a 1/32 F-16 D kit

[snip]

I can do this all day!!!

:wave:

Ric

Dr. Pepper had mentioned that he would be doing a D conversion depending on the availability of clear acetate and good results vac forming a canopy. We can only hope all goes well. I am holding on to my Tamiya F-16... for now...hoping all will turn out.

Edited by JasonB
Thanks Colin! :thumbsup:

The badge is for the "Air Force Systems Command"

Systems_Command_large.jpg

(http://www.trophyexpress.com/usaf/images/Systems_Command_large.jpg)

Note that the outline, shown in yellow in the logo above, is done in alternating black and white the give a 'silver' look on the YF-23.

Check the pictures here and here.

I have received lots of e-mail asking the status of this model.

Unfortunately I've had it on hold since my last update while I've worked on other small projects.

I will be working on it a little here and there when I get the chance and will certainly post new pictures when I have something interesting to show.

I will be taking the pattern to the US IPMS Nationals in Columbus Ohio in August and displaying it at my vendor table. If any of you are there, please stop by and check it out and introduce yourself!

:cheers:

Chris

Chris, in all honesty, and I think everyone here would agree, you would make a TON of sales, (even pre-orders) if you just gave us a price and a timeline... Don't bother with the small stuff... (sorry people but it's true!) Get going on the one WE ALL WANT! Heck, I would throw 150 your way right now if you said it would be ready in a couple of months... I think a lot of people would. Looking at the quality of what you are making kinda makes Trumpeter and Tamiya, look bad... (ok... maybe not Tamiya so much)...

Just my opinion... (and I will back off and leave it alone... till next year.. it has been 3 years... wow...)

BTW, thanks MUCH for the shield. I've spent 5 days trying to figure out what the heck it was. I'll show some pics of it once I've got the paint job completed!

Colin

Edited by krazycolin
Thanks guys :)

Main gear strut is almost finished:

Nose_gear4.jpg

:whistle:

Señor Zactoman

I would like to know what type of wheels are you using for this project. Did you make them or borrowed them from another kit? I need to find a set for a model and almost ran out of options :rofl:

Thanks for your advice

Fabster

I would like to know what type of wheels are you using for this project. Did you make them or borrowed them from another kit? I need to find a set for a model and almost ran out of options :(

Thanks for your advice

Fabster

Hi Fabster,

The wheel pictured is from the 1/32 Tamiya F-15E, used to help fabricate the front strut.

I am using wheels from the Academy F-18 to help fabricate the rear struts.

These are temporary and I will be making new wheels eventually...

Chris, in all honesty, and I think everyone here would agree, you would make a TON of sales, (even pre-orders) if you just gave us a price and a timeline... Don't bother with the small stuff...
Sorry Colin...I have a problem with the idea of pre-orders.

I couldn't stand the idea of taking somebodies money unless I have something finished and ready to sell to them. I've been very frustrated the times I've had my products on back-order with customers waiting. I prefer to ship my products on the same day I get the orders...

The other reason I won't do pre-orders is that I can't give a firm price or timeline.

Until I have it nearly finished, an idea of how many parts and how difficult it will be to mold, costs for the decals, photo-etch, metal gear struts, packaging, etc., I don't know what it will end up costing. I'll probably wait until it's all molded up and I've cast several copies to get a feel for how long each set takes and how difficult before deciding on a final price.

As far as a timeline goes, that depends on too many other factors, like how well my current products sell or if I need to keep spending time on the smaller items to survive.

You may not be crazy about the smaller stuff but it keeps food on the table and keeps me from having to go out and find a 'real' job ;)

Besides, I like the variety doing lots of different projects, though I'm really looking forward to getting back to the 23.

Believe me, I know about money on the table. As a freelancer/owner/operator, I'm in exactly the same boat. I was only trying to tell you, albeit in a very backhanded manner, that I WANT one!

Thanks again for the references, they really helped.

c.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...