1/48 TF-104G Belgium AF

Help me, please all you F-104 experts.

I have the 1/48 Hase kit. It has the MB seats and the bulged main landing gear doors for the German and Italian AF Family Truckster versions.

I have the DACO decals for the Belgium version, but when I look at TF-104G photos from this air force it looks like they are fitted with Lockheed seats. Am I screwed? :worship: Did the Belgium AF TF-104Gs also have the bulged MLG door.

Any help would be appreciated. :worship:

The phots in the Verlinden Lock-on book show BAF F-104s to have bulged MLG doors and the Lockheed seats. Unfortunately, the upcoming F-104DJ release won't be a complete solution either as it has Lockheed seats and the flat MLG doors.

You'll just need to swap seats.

Edited by Dave Williams
The phots in the Verlinden Lock-on book show BAF F-104s to have bulged MLG doors and the Lockheed seats. Unfortunately, the upcoming F-104DJ release won't be a complete solution either as it has Lockheed seats and the flat MLG doors.

You'll just need to swap seats.

Darn it. :worship: In my haste to get the Family Truckster Starfighter, I got a version that will fit neither the CAF or BAF decals I currently have. Isn't that just great. I wouldn't mind doing the WGAF version that is the kit, (It is a nice scheme) but I am sometimes disappointed with how thick Hasegawa decals are.

Thanks for your help with this. I might just do it OOB.

• 2 weeks later...

A side question, if i may?

I'm planning on also doing the TF-104G in belgian markings, but anyone could tell me if we had aluminium fuselage/white wings scheme for the dual seaters?

Or were all dual seaters all SEA camouflaged?

Thanks

AD-4N:

You could see if you could find some aftermarket Lockheed seats for the TF-104G. All TF-104Gs had the bulged main gear doors btw.

Red Dog:

I don't recall seeing a Belgian NM TF-104G. The did received the first three family models in the mid-sixties so they might have had that scheme.

Regards,