Robbie the Robot 'forbidden planet'

I'm building this thing for my wife who is a BIG fan of Robbie the Robot. Sooo...How do I paint this thing?? so far I have wet sanded it ready for alclad but is that right? I want to do a decent job on it. so where do I go from here? step by step please :cheers:

000_0003.jpg

Edited by TF51GREGWISE
Nice build, been thinking about getting this kit, is it still in production?

I picked this one up at the Tittusville Fl IPMS show- the guy said the company went **** up and these are hard to find kits...I really dont know one way or the other. the wifey wanted it so I shelled out 40 smackers for it. :lol: (plus a bottle of alclad)

Mike thanks for the link! I decided to go with Alclad steel...not a show winner but my wife loves it.

000_0010.jpg

Now that turned out really well!!

Forbidden Planet is one of my favourite movies, a very intelligent and well made movie :woot.gif:

:lol:

MikeJ

PolarLights/Playing Mantis didn't go ****up they were bought out by RC2. RC2 hasn't seen fit to reissue the plastic model line, Jupiter 2/Lost in Space and various other figure type models with the exception of the Star Trek kits. I got the Robbie kit at a local hobby store a year or so ago for $19.99. It's still wrapped in plastic and on my to be built shelf.

Regards,

Brian

PolarLights/Playing Mantis didn't go ****up they were bought out by RC2. RC2 hasn't seen fit to reissue the plastic model line, Jupiter 2/Lost in Space and various other figure type models with the exception of the Star Trek kits. I got the Robbie kit at a local hobby store a year or so ago for $19.99. It's still wrapped in plastic and on my to be built shelf.

Regards,

Brian

I knew I paid too much! :thumbsup: Oh well thanks for the info.