I was checking out what E-Hobbies had in the way of kits and came across ROG 1:72 PaveLow. They said it's a new release and I believe it is being I never knew ROG made one. Does anyone know anything about the kit, mainly fit and ease of construction?

I picked up a set of those replacement blades about a month ago. They fit excellently and are cast with the rotor droop already, so no hot water or heat needed to get the sag in the blades. The gentleman that sells them also makes a set for the 1/72 CH-47 kit.

Dave Fassett

Yo could also use a hair dryer...but please be extremely C A R E F U L ! ! ! They can melt real fast! I discoverd that when the paint on an old Airfix Thunderbolt didn't dry quickly enough. Well, afterwards the paint WAS dry, but the wing was bent beyond repair...

I'd suggest making a template from cardboard or the like. So they all drop in the same fashion. My 2 cents...

I´m going to buy the RoG Pave this weekend, which technically will be my second one since I built the Italeri Pave some years ago.

I was just browsing through the walkaround pics when I noticed that the sponson seems to have some kind of struts, propably to reduce the load-factor of the sponson with full aux. fuel tanks during hard manoevres.

Is that "normal", do the actual Paves have this?

mh53_23.jpg

HAJO

I´m going to buy the RoG Pave this weekend, which technically will be my second one since I built the Italeri Pave some years ago.

I was just browsing through the walkaround pics when I noticed that the sponson seems to have some kind of struts, propably to reduce the load-factor of the sponson with full aux. fuel tanks during hard manoevres.

Is that "normal", do the actual Paves have this?

mh53_23.jpg

HAJO

I believe the newer ones do, but the older ones have the mounts without the braces.

Sponsoons.jpg

Close but backwards Zen...Early model 53s had braces and kept them when converted to Paves while later 53s did not have the braces and still didn't when converted to paves :blink:

:worship:

Bruce