1/32 Scale White Knight & SpaceShipOne

The tandem :D

T1010.jpg

T1033.jpg

Well, By the time I took these pictures, I still didn't glued the two together, because I packed it up, brought it to school & displayed it as a part of our Science & Technology week exhibit at our school, where I finally joined them together, and hung the entire thing to the ceiling.

I'll take pics of them later, so watch out! <_<

Excellent job Hans! I'll admit, at first I was skeptical how good a paper kit would look, but WOW! Again, awesome job!

Thanks a lot sir!!! <_<

It was really intimidating to build at first, but fortunately it turned out great, despite some pretty nasty mistakes, which (fortunately) was easy to reverse or correct :crying:

BTW, Do any of you guys think that making an article about this model at our site is a good idea? :D

Thanks a lot sir!!! <_<

It was really intimidating to build at first, but fortunately it turned out great, despite some pretty nasty mistakes, which (fortunately) was easy to reverse or correct :crying:

BTW, Do any of you guys think that making an article about this model at our site is a good idea? :D

I think it would be great! I was just going to ask you some questions about it (what "card" paper to use, building techniques, etc.) but if you do an article I'll just read it there.

I think it would be great! I was just going to ask you some questions about it (what "card" paper to use, building techniques, etc.) but if you do an article I'll just read it there.

I just used the ones with 160 grm/m thickness. For building techniques, it varies for each part, but to make it simple, the entire model is just a combination of basic shapes that can be done on a 2-dimensional sheet; cones, cylinders & boxes :(

• 2 weeks later...

DSC02368.jpg

the 2 in the box that my sister made, along with some display write-ups plus the official Scaled lithographs

Unfortunately, again, I wasn't able to take pics of the actual display because I simply carry too much study materials everytime I go to school, so I can't carry our camera along (I'm using Sony's TRV 33 Camcorder BTW) :crying:

So after spending 10 days at school, here's the tandem, finally together :D

DSC02394.jpg

Whole view

DSC02395.jpg

Port View

DSC02397.jpg

Starboard View

DSC02398.jpg

Aft View

DSC02399.jpg

Forward View

DSC02400.jpg

Forward View (close-up)

DSC02401.jpg

(Much) closer view :thumbsup:

DSC02402.jpg

Left Perspective View

DSC02405.jpg

Right Perspective View

DSC02406.jpg

SS1 Right Perspective View

DSC02407.jpg

SS1 Left Perspective View

DSC02408.jpg

Zenith-Aft View

DSC02411.jpg

Another Whole view

DSC02412.jpg

Left Nose view

DSC02413.jpg

Right Nose view

DSC02393.jpg

Zenith View (with a foot ruler for reference)

DSC02410.jpg

Together with sir Jan Mueller's 1/48 WK & Ralph's SS1 (which by now, is about 1 year & 7 moons old! :thumbsup: )

Whew!!! That's 4 months of waiting, planning & working! And to my relief, despite some pretty catastrophic errors, it turned out nicely! :crying:

Well, if I'm gonna rate Dr. Z's White Knight, I'll give it 8 out of 10, because his WK is (by far) the most accurately shaped model today, only to be messed up by some inaccurate markings & some incorrect details, but all easy to fix. :D

Hans that is a great job you did. Love the cockpit details on that card model, and you assembled it well. I did the Currell 1/48 card model a while back, and I see the 1/32nd assembly process is similar.

I also have the Unicraft kit and I want to assemble it but I'd like to work on a few other all resin kits first.

Justin

Hans that is a great job you did. Love the cockpit details on that card model, and you assembled it well. I did the Currell 1/48 card model a while back, and I see the 1/32nd assembly process is similar.

I also have the Unicraft kit and I want to assemble it but I'd like to work on a few other all resin kits first.

Justin

Thanks sir!!!

The 1/32 card SS1 was just the resized version of the 1/48 kit (courtesy from the designer himself), so the assembly process was just the same, only the cockpit received some minor adjustments.

I would really love to see the Unicraft Tier One being build up!

But after looking at the images of the parts from the Unicraft site, I would guess the WK has 2 incorrectly shaped parts; the tail fins. They were somewhat "stretched" up & down... the original have a shorter tail, but the side-to-side width looks fine, & the other parts were correct in shape though, its just the tail fins that have some issues. And for the whole model, the configuration of SS1 was the one that appeared during the official unveiling of the spacecraft, with the shorter elevators & still unmodified tail booms, but since you have sir Ralph's Card kit, it would be an easy modification :lol: (They did a great job though, since they based the model on photos only...)

So far, based from my observations, its still the 1/32 scale card WK that got the shape right though... And at $20 for a copy (with the SS1 included, but I didn't build it because the Currell kit looks more realistic), I'll prefer it from the Unicraft kit..

BTW, sir, if you want to correct the tail fins, pls send me a PM, and I'll send the 1/32 scale tail fin parts of this card model resized in 1/72 ;)

Thanks for looking at the models!!!!

Hans

Edited by Hans