I have a question for the old airliner hands out there. Several years ago I came into possession of some decals for a 1/144 Fairchild-Swearingen Metro II from Rareliners. It appears these decals were included as part of a kit for this plane as the reverse side of the decal instructions show the assembly instructions for the kit. Does anyone know of the history behind this kit and if there are any still around? Is Rareliners still in business? I'd like to put these markings to use and if push comes to shove, I guess I could try scratch building. Not my first choice though.

Don

Missing the Delta Widget! :D

While I can't really help with the Rareliners question you shouldn't have to scratch build. InFormation makes a Metro III kit in 1/144. For the Metro II you'll have to shorten the wing span a bit but as it's a resin kit that won't be too difficult either. You can find the kit about half way down this page:

http://www.drawdecal.com/informat/inforhome.htm

And from what I could find Rareliners is out of business.

Edited by David Walker

I purchased 2 of that kit many years ago and built one as RIO and the other as SOUTHERN. Really a nice kit and pretty much right on in size. Haven't heard of it being available lately even on evil bay as it was a limited run item. Makes a good addition to any airport or airlines display.

Frank