Hello all,

Sad news from Trumpeter, the A-6 Intruder has been postponed indefinitly. That according to Hobby link Japan. They have now canceled all the pre orderd Intruders. They do not say if Trumpeter have canceled the project for good or perhaps theyn want to get it right, then issue a release date.

Anyway lets hope the latter is right.

Regards,

Korrean. :blink:

:banana:

That is a big disappointment.

But on the other hand maybe they are spending more time on tooling the kit????

Worst case is they are finding the 1/32nd scale market a little thin on sales and are cutting back.

Would an email directly to Trumpeter be in order, to get a firm answer??

Andy

So who do we believe? Where are you guys getting your information? The A-6 kit is the one and only model kit I have on my radar for this year. Please don't be playing with my fragile emotions. I'm one step above a nervous breakdown. Give me the real "poop" on this kit ASAP!

Randy

So who do we believe? Where are you guys getting your information? The A-6 kit is the one and only model kit I have on my radar for this year. Please don't be playing with my fragile emotions. I'm one step above a nervous breakdown. Give me the real "poop" on this kit ASAP!

Randy

I got my info from Mike Bass of Stevens International. I sent in a reqest to get a test sample of the kit, and he responded with what I quoted above.

Brian Marbrey

Hello all,

I got my info from H.J.L.in Japan. AsI had a A-6 on pre-order. They sent me a e-mail direct letting me know the news from Trumpeter.

I do hope that this is only a temporary setback, by Trumpeter. Remember when they brought out their wildcat, and how that was slated, and they had to go back and retool. I think tat Trumpeter have learned thier leason well. They want to get it right first time.

I've just got their Dauntlass and WOW!!!!!.

So be patience people.

Regards,

Korean

That's a bummer , but I always thought the version they showed at the model show last year was nothing but a scratchbuilt mule there to generate intrest , and I never took the proposed relase date at all seriously .

. so its a blow , and yup I will build at least 4 of them when they finally appear - but its not like I'm exactly hurting for other projects in the meantime... ;)

(off I go to rescibe another Tamiya tomcat...... :cheers: )!

Edited by Scotsman
Too bad Trumpeter didn't learn their lesson on the A-7 when people commented on the first pictures about the squashed canopy and intake. They didn't fix that.
Well, I know only one major model kits manufacturer who actually pay attention to what modelers say about their pre-release samples / test-shots and drawings and unfortunately it's not Trumpeter...

Trumpeter missed the opportunity to fix those issues even in their second A-7 kit. That is even worse... So lets trully hope they make A-6 right the first time.

Pawel

Well, I've had a preorder since day one HLJ listed it, and have never received any such email cancellation notices. The optimist in me believes it is still coming this year (which is almost half over already). Plus, why would Jef from Black Box keep giving us updates on his cockpit set for the A-6 if its not gonna happen? Todays BB update over on HS says it'll be ready for the Nats and promises it'll be the best set he ever did. I'll go with him on this plus the folks from Stevens, after all you gotta have hope.

Regards,

Brian

Edited by metroman
Well, I've had a preorder since day one HLJ listed it, and have never received any such email cancellation notices. The optimist in me believes it is still coming this year (which is almost half over already). Plus, why would Jef from Black Box keep giving us updates on his cockpit set for the A-6 if its not gonna happen? Todays BB update over on HS says it'll be ready for the Nats and promises it'll be the best set he ever did. I'll go with him on this plus the folks from Stevens, after all you gotta have hope.

Regards,

Brian

Jef's comments may or may not mean anything about the status of the kit. He could just make a new scaled up master of his 1/48 pit, but hopefully he'll wait to get at least a final test shot of the actual kit to make sure it fits. Or maybe he knows somethign he isn't telling.

It is better to be postponed than to get a trash, like some other kits from them.

Maybe they finally realized that making a trashy kit with high detail isn't the way they can do bussines. Two or one year ago intruder would be already released.

Does anyone know if intruder has wingfold option or not? If not, I hope that this is the thing why they postponed it. 1/32 and no wingfold....bah

Guest VFA2Super Hornet
well, if it is delayed, we'll just hvae to build other kits until then!

I also hope that it is not postponed either.I will definately watch this thread for future updates.Like the other gentleman said above....this is the only kit on my 'must have' list for this year.

You can always watch Flight of the Intruder until the kit arrives, this movie is surprisingly good.

I don't think I'll be getting this one though, it has to be quite a big kit when finished and I'm running out of display space fast.

You can always watch Flight of the Intruder until the kit arrives, this movie is surprisingly good.

I don't think I'll be getting this one though, it has to be quite a big kit when finished and I'm running out of display space fast.

I would rather sandpaper my hemroids than watch that movie again.... the first time was in the JO 8-man with VA-115... bad news there folks.

Cheers

I'll agree we are ill served with aviation movies, but we have what we have, I honestly think the flight sequences in FOTI are pretty good! Especially the SAM launch stuff.

What are the alternatives? Top Gun is garbage, Mig 28 anyone? The Iron Eagle movies are only good for comic relief, the remake of Flight of the Phoenix should never have been made in the first place, Pearl Harbour was a waste of a cinema ticket ... ETC

No, Flight of the Intruder was OK in my book, my point is, if you like the A-6 then the FOTI movie is very watchable, the book is even better :thumbsup: