Interesting Tu-95 Video

NICE!

Great to see those beasts in action. Also interesting to see how they seem to do those navigation calculations by hand. Or whatever it is they are doing... That's sheer old fashioned professionalism!

And no. No Vipers in the FinAF. Just "under-mach-2" bugs with boring camo...

Hmm... Should the Bear be my next project?

Edited by janman
Very nice vid. Tu-95 is an impressive bird. Speaking of which, anyone has photos of Tu-95MS12 with external hardpoints for Kh-55s? I have one b/w pic and it wont help in building the Trump kit.

TIA.

Zmey,

That's what I want to do with my (already-built) Trumpeter Tu-95MS - 'convert' it into an MS12.

That's why I have resin copies of the Amodel Kh-55M missiles :worship:

I took this photo as we transited the 'secret' ramp at Zhukovsky in 2001 - it shows a Tu-95MS test bird with pylons under the inner wings ....

day09_05.jpg

I also have a copy of M-Hobby - which has some good drawings of Kh-55's - and includes 1:72 scale drawings of the wing pylons on the Tu-95MS12

I have never yet seen a photo of an 'operational Tu-95MS with a load of 12 Kh-55's - but that won't stop my conversion!! :thumbsup:

Ken

Is it just me, or can anyone else totally picture the exact opposite video being posted to Youtube, with a couple of Norwegian F-16's spooling up, taking off, getting re-fuelled, then intercepting a couple of bears.

Wouldn't even have to change the music. :woo:

Cool video.

Who here would love to see a Tu-95 Bear in real life? I WOULD! Not sure if some of our mil. guys here have ever seen one esp. in an intercept but really it is as stunning a plane as say a B-52 is, but in a different way. Even most laypeople would know that it a Russian Bear bomber, just as most laypeople would know a B-52.