Testor's Aztec Airbrush

Hello,

Wondering if anyone uses an Aztec airbrush....? I currently use a double-action, Paasche VL series which I really like, but I've replaced the inner trigger mechanism twice, and am thinking about a new primary brush. I've heard good and not so good about the Aztecs; Any and all input you may have to offer is welcome!! Bear in mind that I use Acrylics almost exclusively, and one of the selling points (all those cool color coded tips!) is limited in the Acryl sizes. Thanks in advance for your input!

JK

I have been using an Aztek A470 for 5 years now and have had no problems whatsoever. They are light and extremely easy to clean. :)

I use a general purpose and fine nozzle for acrylics with no real issues.

Go for it, they are great and they have a new metal body version out too

HTH

:lol:

MikeJ

I've owned several airbrushes: a Paasche VL, a Paasche V, a Badger 150, an Aztek, and a Harder&Steenbeck's Evolution.

The worst of all was the Aztek. It worked OK for about a year.

I suggest you buy an Iwata. They are a bit pricey but they are worth every penny and you won't ever regret buying one.

Now, if you have budget limitations, get a Badger 150. It's much cheaper than Iwata but it's a great airbrush for general purpose modeling.

HTH,

Ricardo :)

I've been using a VL for the past 3 years and was considering buying an Aztek 470 so a friend lent me his for a while. What I found is that it sprays almost identical to the VL but it feels much lighter and the trigger action is very different. The exchange-able tips are nice if you need a quick change, and I like the acrylic tip, but other than that, I didn't see anything to convince me to buy one.

Apparently the new 470's don't have a lifetime guarrentee anymore, which is the final straw for me. A couple friends of mine have had theirs replaced already.

What I did buy was a Paasche H for general painting, and I'm going to buy an Iwata when I get off my duff and figure out which one I like best.

My 2c.

Percy