Just curious if anyone would be interested in meeting for dinner and drinks after the nats? Ill be there for all of the days as far as I know so if anyone is interested let me know and what night would best for you......We dont know alot of people from ARC,and would like to meet some of you........And I would really love to meet any of my chat room buddies.....(you know who you are) :)

Mandie

We've been looking into organizing some informal ARC get-togethers, much as we did last year in Atlanta. I'd suspect that as we get further into July, we'll start getting details about the places to hang out, and we can plan accordingly. We had a real blast closing down the bars at the convention center last year, and I'm sure that this year will be more of the same.

Thats cool.....eating was just an idea....Just thought the idea of everybody getting together would help with some people meet other ARC members.......Dinner is not something anyone HAS to do again just an idea.....Also not to be unfriendly back,Im not asking anyone to commit, if it just happens to be me and the people I do already know then thats works just as well.........Anyway hope see some og you there,even if it is just for drinks....... :huh:

Hey Steve,

Who closed down the bars at the convention center last year? Where was I?....oh wait.....its' starting to come back to me now....."good game"......"cabin boy".......oh yeah, there it is. Dang, that was a blast! :thumbsup:

Ya'll tip one for me...put it on Bamford's tab.

Good to go,

Jim

A decent spot would be to head north a couple of miles from Crown Center to downtown and meet at Tanner's sports bar on Broadway right by Bartle Hall convention center. It's usually not that crowded, and has lots of room. Just a suggestion.

Dave J

Edited by Djack

Hey Dave and Phantomgirl. Why don't you guys take the lead on this? I'm busy enough as it is getting ready for Nats. Tanner's isn't a bad place at all. The food is pretty decent, and if it isn't crowded, that's a bonus. I'm heading down there tomorrow, so I'll look for other spots to go to and pass them on to you.

Booze...why I'm shocked to think that someone would suggest something that alcohol would touch my lips while at a respectible event like this :) :D :( (anyone buying this B-S??)..

I'll be the guy with the straw :D

Not saying that this is a bad idea at all. Just wondering if there's anything on-site that also might work out well? I'm certainly not trying to sound like the fly in the ointment, but the one thing that was nice about Atlanta was having two separate bars within the convention center itself. Just curious if anyone has given that any thought, if for no other reason than convenience....:cheers:

While I think an opportunity to meet and socialize with some of the people we only 'see' on-line here would be great, any discussions about it occuring off premises is somewhat discouraging for anyone who will be there without their own transportation.

Not saying that this is a bad idea at all. Just wondering if there's anything on-site that also might work out well? I'm certainly not trying to sound like the fly in the ointment, but the one thing that was nice about Atlanta was having two separate bars within the convention center itself. Just curious if anyone has given that any thought, if for no other reason than convenience....:)

Sounds like we need a ARC Bar Recon Team....anyone live in the hood can volunteer for that dangerous duty :rolleyes::beer4::beer4:

Also sounds like we'll need a patch and decals made... :D

Okay, boys. Here's what's around both at the Hyatt and within easy walking distance (under a mile). Inside the Hyatt is Spectator's Sports Bar. There are two other restaraunts (Skies, Peppercorn Duck Club), but they are fine dining. Around the Hyatt is Crown Center, where there are a few establishments. I'll have to revisit to get a list, but I'm not sure there are any bar/grill type places. Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ (the best BBQ in the world!) is 0.6 miles from the Hyatt. It's a midrange price. Also 0.6 miles from the Hyatt is City Tavern, but this is a bit pricey. At Union Station (accessable using the elevated crosswalk) is the Union Cafe, which is "casual American food", whatever that means. I walked around the convention site, but didn't notice any other bar/grill type places in my travels. I will be going down again in the next day or two, but I would probably say the best bet is to just meet at Spectator's right in the Hyatt.

There is the bar right inside the Hyatt that Darren mentioned. Also, in Crown Center (a very easy, covered walk) there is Millano's, which has a great bar. There is also a bar at the Westin Hotel, which is attached to Crown Center as well. All these would be considred "on premises".

Im fine with wherever....I know Tanners is good,I guess it all depends on how many must stay close to the Hyatt. If rides create a problem ive got room for one or two probably. Lets say give it a few more days and Ill be checking into places also. Or if anybody can name one place and then everybody else say agree or dis agree I guess that would solve it.......Im just all about meeting all of you and kickin back for some good drinks and conversation,,,,,oh and food,I know Im gonna be hungry...... :)

Booze...why I'm shocked to think that someone would suggest something that alcohol would touch my lips while at a respectible event like this (anyone buying this B-S??)..

I'll be the guy with the straw :)

Sure, crazydon, and if I'm supposed to believe that...I've got some swampland down in New Orleans that's ripe for redevelopment. Comes with alligators. :blink: B)

I think that Wed Night would be a good night to do this thing....I also say that we could do it at Tanners,or The Ameristar(as Darren Roberts suggested). Thursday and Friday both propose a problem from what Ive seen,so anybody else in for doing it on Wed Night/evening? I figure we could hook up at the Nats and go from there....... :banana:

Sure, crazydon, and if I'm supposed to believe that...I've got some swampland down in New Orleans that's ripe for redevelopment. Comes with alligators. :nanner::banana:

That's my story and I'm sticking too it :D :worship: :o