The only thing that I'd offer here is that not everyone will be there on Wednesday. I know that I won't be flying in until Thursday afternoon, and I'd suspect that I'm not the only one. However, that's not to say that we can't have more than one get-together. Folks who were at Atlanta last year will tell you that we all had a great time at the hotel bar on Friday and Saturday nights, not to mention the Twobobs shindig on Thursday night.

Also, IIRC, Bob Sanchez was kind enough to let us post information about the ARC get-togethers at his table. Plans also got around very quickly by word of mouth as well, as I suspect they will this year. Sometimes, the best way to go is just to wing it. Regardless of what is decided, I'm sure that we'll all find a way to get together for a few beers as we did last year, and I'm looking forward to it.

I would vote that we stay as close to the convention site as possible. I think we can avoid alot of problems by doing this. (And Im all about avoiding problems, less worry more fun) Providing rides for folks would work I would be willing to do the same, however it looks as if there is alot if interest in this and if this idea is posted on a board like kelly was talking about then the prospect of giving rides may become a logistical inpossibility. Also Im aware of where tanners is down town and that is still quite a hike on foot especially after dark, which may not be the best idea eather. Any way just my 2 cents, I will be looking forward to meeting everyone where ever we get together.

Happy Modeling

Brian

Edited by snake111

Someone has brought up a good idea in my opinion....Hows about Wed at Ameristar and Fri at Tanners so everybody else can get back in time for Judging since its closer...For those who think either of these places are too far or cannot make it Im very sorry to hear that. Anyway thats where Phantomgirl and a few others are going to be and we hope to see some of you there.....If anyone needs a ride please post here and maybe we can find you something ahead of time.......Thanks and looking forward to seeing some of you......PG :) :cheers:

Packing 4 or 5 people into a taxi is pretty cheap and not a bad idea if we're planning of going toa bar to drink. I'm inclined to car pool in a taxi.....unless the person with the car is a non-drinker.

Steve B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Phantomgirl Just wanted to ask, Is the Friday night thing at Tanners a forsure plan so far. I see that Steve B has another schedual posted on july 11. He does mention that his scheadual could change, but I wanted to make sure that Tanners is a go.

Hi Phantomgirl Just wanted to ask, Is the Friday night thing at Tanners a forsure plan so far. I see that Steve B has another schedual posted on july 11. He does mention that his scheadual could change, but I wanted to make sure that Tanners is a go.

Ditto!!??

Jerry