Douglas A-1J Skyraider - Tamiya 1/48

Zigi hi

Looking good so far.

For a more authentic USAF Spad you might want to add the canvas cover over the canopy hydraulic arm and the whip aerial (which is shown on the Tamiya box art, but not included in the kit) as the build progresses.

I'll watch this one with interest, can't beat a good SEA Skyraider.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Which colour will you use on the drop-tanks? One reason for me to wait with finishing my 1/72 Spad is that I don´t know which colour to paint the drop-tanks since the rest of the aircraft-belly is black.

HAJO

Which colour will you use on the drop-tanks? One reason for me to wait with finishing my 1/72 Spad is that I don´t know which colour to paint the drop-tanks since the rest of the aircraft-belly is black.

HAJO

Hi Hajo,

center drop-tank will be black and the side drop-tanks will be, from downside black and form upside camo :whistle:

Zigi

• 3 weeks later...

Zigi,

Love those Spads! We don't build enough of those great planes. I've got two USMC Korean war versions on the work bench now. Yours makes me want to get back to work on them. Great job and let's see some more.

Chuck

Hi guys, here is next progress on my Skyraider :)

Decals from Eagle Strike fits great, now it remains only to hang the armament and to do something with the surface.

Thanks for Watching :D

Zdenek

candydecaly.jpg

z1.jpg

zz2.jpg

Edited by Zigi