ARC get together...some ideas.

Thanks Gordon. Good idea.....it's easier to stay on site as much as possible......especially for someone like me that doesn't perform good in the heat........I'm pampered by our mild cool pacific north west weather.

Steve B

Steve,

You may want to spend some time in a local sauna to prepare yourself for summer in the midwest :)

Looking forward to meeting you next month.

Jeff

Steve,

You may want to spend some time in a local sauna to prepare yourself for summer in the midwest :worship:

Looking forward to meeting you next month.

Jeff

No kidding.....I suffered pretty badly from the humid heat in atlanta......I do better in a dry heat......and even better in a cold climate. Drinking lots of beer in atlanta didn't seem to help.

Steve B

Drinking lots of beer in atlanta didn't seem to help.

Steve B

Oh No! :o Beer is not what you want to drink in hot weather. :taunt: Beer actually dehydrates you.

Now, if you are in the cool, air conditioned bar at the hotel then it's the perfect beveredge. :lol:

Jeff :woot.gif:

Jeff,

He was even sweating in the bars with the AC set to "meat-locker". Apparently, they don't get that kind of heat in Lotus-Land. :woot.gif:

However, in Steve's defense, it was hot. None of us spent a lot of time outside, but even walking back and forth between hotels to do the updates (Ken and I were in the convention hotel, and Steve was at the overflow hotel) was brutal.....and I'm used to the heat.

Why not try something really simple first ?

Say meet in front of the Vendor Room entrance at noon on Thursday ?? It's on-site, all-age-eligible, and allows folks to plan for one (or more) off-site/etc meetings later. We can at least get one big group photo ??

John

Really?!?! :cheers: I do beg to differ! Some people might find the drive to Lawrence and Topeka worth the trip to catch George's and Fun for All, respectively!

I'd only go to Topeka to get to Manhattan ...

I'd only go to Lawrence with Quantrell & the boys ...

John

Every Man a Wildcat !!! :D

Steve,

I hoped youve recovered enough we don't have to cut your BBQ dinner for you, at the very least I'm sure we'll get you well enough to pick up at least a beer.........or two....

Jeff

Jeff,

I guess doing the bar in the hotel could be better than hitting the bars that are not far from where the nat's are going to be.And is that u Steve B.Haven't talked to u in awhile.LArry H.

Yup...it's me. How are you doing Larry?

As a follow up to Jeffs comments.....I don't do heat well......I even sweat in sub zero temps when I'm skiing.....go figure. As Steve F pointed out.....it was a cool bar I was drinking cold beer in and still sweating. But I do pretty good in our mild Canadian west coast climate. My wife suggested I get IPMS to start hosting the Nationals in April ....she obviously figures I have some influence. :rofl::rofl:

Steve B

We can at least get one big group photo ??

John,

Last year, we got a group photo at the Twobobs party, which is probably the best place to do this. I don't think that there are too many people that miss Bob's shindig.....the raffle alone is more than enough reason to go.

Oh, PS:

Kelly has indicated that there will be a bulletin board posted up, which should come in quite handy once we're all there. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and regardless of where we meet, I think we're all going to have a great time.

Speaking of updates.........

I plan on having my laptop with me and most hotels now have hi-speed wireless internet access (I expect the Hyatt to be such equipped). I also have my cell modem as back-up.

We could do live updates from the convention floor....maybe even a webcast for those not able to attend.

You could even have the beer bash in the hotel bar webcast to give those at home a virtual experience of "being there" without actually 'being there' :banana:

Jeff

It will be a blast....I pity anyone that can't make it. Life is too short to wait until "next" year.

I picked up a dandy little $1.50 fan today....holds 2 AA batteries.....I'm all set. I also picked up a little desk top battery fan.......but the motor turned too slow.....there's $1.50 wasted. :D I might pick up another of the first fans and do an engine swap and see if it pumps out the same speed with a bigger fan blade......or maybe wire it up for 4 AA batteries.....I feel like Tim the Toolman Taylor..

Steve B

Edited by SBARC
Please see "Nat's update" in the other thread for some news.... Read down to SEMINARS.

We're planning a pretty cool presentation for you guys, which I think you'll enjoy. I hope that the entire ARC gang will pack the room. :lol:

We're planning a pretty cool presentation for you guys, which I think you'll enjoy. I hope that the entire ARC gang will pack the room. ;)

I'll try to make it this year. My biggest regret from last years nats was missing all the demos/presentations

--Frank