Italeri H-21C Question

I'm looking at getting a 1:72 Italeri H-21C Gunship kit and I want one for a USAF SAR collection I've started on. Does this kit offer such decal options? I know there is/was a non-gunship H-21 kit they put out but I haven't seen it in a while and was curious if the Gunship kit could be back-mod'd to it.

TIA

Thanks John. Gotta love those silver and orange schemes ya know... Sal sent me some more pix last night and he said the blue/white one (number two in my post) was a VIP bird, so I won't use those colors (but they still look good).

I purchased the Italeri H-21C kit this morning and -yikes! - natural metal finish time! :D Thank you Alby and Sal for the lowdown on the kit!

:rolleyes:

I'm looking at getting a 1:72 Italeri H-21C Gunship kit and I want one for a USAF SAR collection I've started on. Does this kit offer such decal options? I know there is/was a non-gunship H-21 kit they put out but I haven't seen it in a while and was curious if the Gunship kit could be back-mod'd to it.

TIA

One small suggestion. The USAF national insignia looks out of proportion to me on the Italeri sheet (blue borders too thin and red band too thin as well). If I was to build that bird, and it is a great scheme, I would take the time to find some suitable aftermarket USAF insignia from the Usual Suspects.

Hope you have a great time with the kit.

it looks the windshield has a butt. :D

just look at the second pic and let your mind do the rest...

:rolleyes:

In that case they're flying the wrong way, aren't they??? :beer4:

Those tanks...aren't they from a F-80? I recall having seen a F-80 with that type of tanks...ha, I found it! http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/artikel.php?id=1744

The text states that they were typically seen on Korean War-era F-80 Cs. The author calls them Misawa-tanks. Those of the Gunship-kit (see link below) are not the ones.

The markings included ( http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/viet/h21preview.htm ) are the one in the third pic, right? Not those of the top pic?

Damn....

Edited by ChernayaAkula
One small suggestion. The USAF national insignia looks out of proportion to me on the Italeri sheet (blue borders too thin and red band too thin as well). If I was to build that bird, and it is a great scheme, I would take the time to find some suitable aftermarket USAF insignia from the Usual Suspects.

Hope you have a great time with the kit.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the decals when it gets here and figure something out. I'm sure I've got some 1:48 insignia somewhere that could probably be used.

The markings included ( http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/viet/h21preview.htm ) are the one in the third pic, right? Not those of the top pic?

That's one way of reading the review. I'm not sure exactly. When the kit gets here I'll let y'all know which scheme the USAF decals are supposed to be for.

Edited by Trigger74

I remember seeing a set of decals for the red topped Arctic SAR schemed SH-21s being offered by Whirleybird, in a HKN update a while back. If HKN was up at the moment I'd paste the link. I also am not sure if Whirleybird is still in business. If anyone can find a contact for them, I'd be interested as I personally would like to pick up a set or two.

Salbando

....Hey....I think this is my first post. :banana:

Edited by Fred Garvin