Started this kit today. Mainly, I want to be certain to finish at least one kit for the GB deadline <_<

Kit

Kiowa001.jpg

Interior painting

Kiowa002.jpg

Kiowa003.jpg

Fuselage assembled

Kiowa004.jpg

Kiowa005.jpg

This is gonna be totally OOB. I'm considering painting over the rear cabin windows tho' I think I've seen that somewhere. Make life a bit easier :D

:cheers:

Looking good Martin! She's going to be another model in your collection! So what are the markings going to be??

Markings are going to be straight OOB "OH-58D, 1/227 Avn, U.S. Army Fort Rucker, 1990" by the instructions.

:blink:

Almost ready for masking and painting now :cheers:

Transparancies and stabs on

Kiowa008.jpg

Other angle

Kiowa009.jpg

this is a speed build (for me anyway) and it does show it in places. I'm not too worried about it tho'. Some of it will be cleaned up of course, but MFM :D

:)

Got a bit done this morning :D

Fiddly bits (antennas, cable cutters, pitot) mounted

Kiowa010.jpg

Other angle

Kiowa011.jpg

The tracks from the sanding are much more visible on the pic's than in real life :P Maybe something to do with the flash. Anyway, I'll hopefully have this baby masked up and possibly painted by the end of the day. Next week is one of those crappy work-weeks, that I didn't think I'd have any more of. 04:30-12:00 and again from 19:00-2100. Except saturday, that's 04:30-08:00 and 16:00-18:00 :bandhead2:

:banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Started airbrushing today. The color is MM Acrylic U.S. Army Helo Drab, thinned with rubbing alcohol. This is the first full kit I've airbrushed.

Kiowa012.jpg

Kiowa013.jpg

There's some areas that need a second pass, like the antennas and cable-cutter on the roof. I know it's a small kit and just one color, but, I must say, I'M GOOD :banana: Smooth surface, no peel effect and no runs :blink:

:wave:

Hi MArtin,

Looks like you're making really good progress. Oh, and welcome to the AB club!

Cheers,

Alby

Thanks Alby :D

Man, this GB's really turning me into a rotor-head :D After it started, I've bought a Mangusta, two Longbows (one worthless and one parts-cow), a Pave Low III, a Cayuse, a Super Lynx (navy), MH-47 (or was that prior to the GB?), a 'straight' Chinook, a Comanche, a Super Jolly, this Kiowa was bought after the GB started too, and I'm trading for two NightFoxes, a Hokum some Blackhawks and probably something I've forgot :D

:D

Well, pride goeth before the fall as they say. I need some training in spraying Future.

Kiowa014.jpg

Not too bad tho', but not the nice result I got with the paint. I might try Vallejo Gloss Varnish next time

:unsure:

No pics this time ;)

Decals are on and Future on them too. I'd forgotten that Micro Set temporarily dicolors Future, imagine my thoughts when parts of the airframe suddenly turned Sky :huh: When the Set (and Sol by the way) dries, you can't see it tho', phew :mellow: Can't say for certain when she'll be done, got a lot of work coming my way next week :( Hopefully, I'll get something done today, but I doubt the Future will be dry enough for the flat coating tonight.

:blink:

WHOA, moving on there MR ROTORHEAD!!! LMAOROF!! Keep the pics coming sir, and by the way, I find it hard to get a good future coat with an airbrush. THe best was is to do it with several thin coats!!

GOOD WORK Martin!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Holy poop I go away for a bit and he turns into a master!!!

Well done Martin!! She looks damn fine! <proud friend>

Thanks man, and congrats on the career change flyboy! :cheers:

:lol:

Edited by hatchet