Hi all,

I will build the 1:48th scale Junkers JU-52 from Revell during the summer holidays. It will be in an Lufthansa metallic overall-scheme. The aircraft I will build is the restored D-AQUI (or modern reg. D-CDLH.)

Click here for photo:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1067...QRFP&photo_nr=1

The box:

ju1.JPG

Let's have a look in the box..

ju3.JPG

I want to build two small LEDs in the cabin and cockpit, for a nice illuminated cabin..

To be continued.

Cheers,

Jelle ;)

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

The cabin is nearly finished.. I just have to make seatbelts from sandpaper, and to paint the fuselage on the inside. The lavatory is really cool to build, with a mirror, loo and some other stuff.. :D

Pictures coming soon.

Cheers,

Jelle :thumbsup:

Nice to see you here too. (Erwin.H from Modelbrouwers.nl )

Might I make a suggestion ?

Why don't you enter this build into the heavies groupbuild ? The model meets the demands

Nice to see you here too. (Erwin.H from Modelbrouwers.nl )

Might I make a suggestion ?

Why don't you enter this build into the heavies groupbuild ? The model meets the demands

Because my Junkers is 100 percent civilian :bandhead2: And the heavies groupbuild is for military aircraft..

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell that ISN'T a fuel tank inbetween the pilots heads...

I don't know what it is, but the box says it is an oil tank. I think the fuel tanks are in the wings. And a fuel tank with that size isn't enough for three BMW-engines :blink:

Thanks for your reactions! The next step is to finish the cabin, and I will begin with the engines. The D-AQUI has received new American engines with Hamilton Standard propellors (the same propellers as the DC-3) but the problem is that I've just the original Ju-52 propellors with two blades. Erwin.H has sent me a pair of Hamilton Standards, but onfortunately they are 1:72 instead of 48 :taunt: So I have to make them by myself.

• 1 month later...

It has the shape of an JU-52 now! :cheers:

Lights on. In a dark room the effect is much better!

junkers4.JPG

You can still lift the roof.

junkers3.JPG

junkers1.JPG

The wheel struts. I used the streamlined struts, but without the 'wheelpants'. Because the real aircraft has streamlined struts, and no simple round tubes as given in the instruction :blink:

junkers2.JPG

I have to scratch the tail wheel, because the D-AQUI has no glider but a wheel. The military variant has the tail wheelstrut moulded on the fuselage, but this one hasn't..

Jelle :blink:

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

Thanks! B)

The lighting circuit is very simple. I used a battery holder from a simple electronic-kit. I used lights from a very small and cheap wire with christmas-lights. No LEDs, but very small bulbs. The bulbs don't produce any heat. I soldered the wires with the bulbs from the christmas-wire on the battery holder and mounted a simple switch from an old school-project between it :blink: The roof can be lifted, showing the interior and the battery-holder with switch. Very simple, but cool. Next time I will use LEDs, and maybe a small chip to simulate the strobe-lights. In a 1:32 Mirage III perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...