Super Glue on Landing gear

so i read here a long while back that to reduce the effect of super glue, one should put the model in a freezer and thats that

the part should easily come apart....is that true?

are there any other ways to remove super glue?

more info:

glue type: instant krazy glue

I agree with Joe regarding the debonder....I would get a large micro-brush (the green one), or a cotton swab and soak it in the debonder, then resting the model inverted, wedge the brush/swab into the mating area of the gear and let a soak a while, then see if that loosens the part. May take a few soakings to completely break the bond of the cyanoacrylate (ie; Krazy Glue).

Irv

Be careful to minimize getting the debonder on adjacent areas since the debonder may soften some polystyrene. I used debonder on a Tamiya model last week and it softened the plastic on some small parts to the point that they broke and marred the plastic in several areas around the part I was trying to loosen. Once it rehardened it was able to be sanded smooth again ...just be careful.

Hi all,

just a quick tip, raid your wives/girlfriends/significant others/sisters/mothers et al 'box of tricks' otherwise known as 'make-up supply' (hubble, bubble, toil and trouble, ohh, where did you park the broomstick dear?!)

Nail varnish remover, NON-GREASY, BIG bottle far cheaper than de-bonder, and obviously milder, cos it's used around the skin.

Hope this is of help.

Phoenix