I stumbled across the picture of a OH-6A Loach equipped with a grenade turret and FFARs in another forum. Must be something that flew (really, with THAT much weight?) sometime around Vietnam. Does any other know this bird, or even better, has more pictures of it?

HAJO

There was a configuration for the 40mm chunker on the OH-6. I'm not sure if it ever made it operationally, since the minigun was a much more effective weapon, but it did exist and was mounted the same way the minigun was, outside the left aft door. I'll have to see if I can get over to the museum, but I know they have pics of the setup.

Jon

There was a configuration for the 40mm chunker on the OH-6. I'm not sure if it ever made it operationally, since the minigun was a much more effective weapon, but it did exist and was mounted the same way the minigun was, outside the left aft door. I'll have to see if I can get over to the museum, but I know they have pics of the setup.

Jon

Here is the pic:

xm8xm70.jpg

Andy

• 1 month later...