Truly amazed at the generosity of others

Hi all, bit of a long story. On Sunday last, i called the LHS asking if they had some airbrush parts for the Badger 200 i am sending to Kandahar. They didn`t have the parts, but said they could order for Wednesday(today). I mentioned i needed the parts to reseal a brush going to Kandahar. Fast forward to today, i go to get the parts and some supplies, i say i ordered some parts. Dave Browne reaches back into a box, pulls out a complete Badger kit and says send them this. I couldn`t believe it!!! I was almost speechless!!(no mean feat for me). I couldn`t thank them enough for their generosity!!. I think it is great that a LHS owner would give this support to hobbyists/soldiers. This was out of the blue, aside from being a customer, they really don`t know me from Adam. Yet it was given with no questions asked. Huge thanks to Dave and Sherry Browne and Barrie Jackson of Hornet Hobbies in Scarborough, Ontario Canada!!! You`re great people!!! I`m sure it will be appreciated.!!! Thankyou!!!

Don

http://www.hornethobbies.com is their site. Drop them a note of thanks if you could. Also, they would apprecite pictures of the Kandahar club, i think we all would like to see the faces of the soldiers. Is there any way you could help, Gary???

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/dmt...e/IMG_1236a.jpg

Edited by dmthamade

I am totally blown away yet again. A few days ago I received a letter from a gentleman who is has sent about 20 kits and at the risk of plagerizing myself, I've removed the personal references to avoid embarassing this man, I first want to respond to this generosity with the email I sent him. It's a bit of a ramble, but it sums up my feelings, sort of.

I've had moments during this voyage where I wasn't sure that I was in my right mind. I've been hit with protestors and hate mail. I've been brought to my knees by a mother who sent one of her son's kits. He was a Marine killed by a roadside bomb, but had used models to avoid the troubles boys can find themselves in. I've had rejections from companies that we asked to supply a dozen new cardboard boxes so that we can meet the CF security protocals. And I've had letters from parents whose children are about to be stationed in country and from guys about to go in who are afraid, yet they find that this program is giving them some measure of courage, only because now they feel like they are being supported from home. I've had politicians who offered no support, but wanted their name attached. I've opened packages from all over the world, and had the truely deep honour of reading the heartfelt wishes being sent to our guys and gals. It's been an emotional journey and we're near the end, shipping in early August.

When it's done, when the last box is loaded on the duce and it rolls out of my yard, I'm going to open a diet ginger ale, and toast the troops, and cry my eyes out. Not because I'm tired, nor over joyed. I sometimes sit and just look at this growing stack of kits and I can feel the outpouring of love and support. I've had moments where I felt so selfish for having the privilige of being allowed to be part of what you all have done. When it goes, a part of me and you and everyone will be going. It's because of people like you who gave so willingly in order to get this message out to those who wear the green. In the end, this isn't about plastic models. It's about love and support. We're sending boxes filled with the voices of people who just want to say thank you for standing the line. When the worst thing that can happen is our day is slow traffic, we know it's because of those men and women who are so far from home. It's a message of thanks that will touch each man and woman in uniform. A message sometimes not said enough. But we're saying it now.

Thank you for wearing the green.

And thank you for helping make Kits for Kandahar a reality.

In as far as photos of the troops the initial response from Armed Forces PA is that it would prefer not to publish images of soldiers for things such as this. We've adopted a follow instructions approach to any requests or responses from the CAF with regard to this project. That being said, our PAO made a request for a few photos, and we're including a journal of all the emails, letters a list of corporate contributitors and the names of each and every person who has signed and donated a kit, bottle of paint and so on, I fully expect pictures to come back. As far as being publically published like on the web, I'll have to leave that issue up to the CAF. Private use... like an email here and there with an attached pic, you betcha!

And I will make it my personal duty to drop a line to the guys at Hornet Hobbies to thank them for their gift.

Holy fricken wowsers, one day you get a compressor, the next you get spanking brand new airbrush, and a great one to boot!

Hi all, bit of a long story. On Sunday last, i called the LHS asking if they had some airbrush parts for the Badger 200 i am sending to Kandahar. They didn`t have the parts, but said they could order for Wednesday(today). I mentioned i needed the parts to reseal a brush going to Kandahar. Fast forward to today, i go to get the parts and some supplies, i say i ordered some parts. Dave Browne reaches back into a box, pulls out a complete Badger kit and says send them this. I couldn`t believe it!!! I was almost speechless!!(no mean feat for me). I couldn`t thank them enough for their generosity!!. I think it is great that a LHS owner would give this support to hobbyists/soldiers. This was out of the blue, aside from being a customer, they really don`t know me from Adam. Yet it was given with no questions asked. Huge thanks to Dave and Sherry Browne and Barrie Jackson of Hornet Hobbies in Scarborough, Ontario Canada!!! You`re great people!!! I`m sure it will be appreciated.!!! Thankyou!!!

Don

http://www.hornethobbies.com is their site. Drop them a note of thanks if you could. Also, they would apprecite pictures of the Kandahar club, i think we all would like to see the faces of the soldiers. Is there any way you could help, Gary???

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/dmt...e/IMG_1236a.jpg