4x GBU-10 on the lower CFT pylons

1x GBU-10 on the centreline pylon

would be possable

But what has been used in ODS was

4x GBU-10 on lower CFT pylons

1x GBU-10 on centerline plyon

with tanks on the wing pylons

but in this load the AAMs were 4x AIM-9s no AIM-120s

One of the Beagle bubbas should be able to tell for sure, but I'm pretty sure they went away from the four GBU-10s on the corner stations after Desert Storm in favor of two on the center CFT stations. I'm not sure of the reason, but suspect it might have to do with turbulant air coming off the front bomb breaking the birdie of the rear bomb; but that's only a guess.

I dont know if it has been used operationally but

In addition to 2x AIM-9s and 2x AIM-120s

2x GBU-10s on each Wing pylon

4x GBU-10 on the lower CFT pylons

1x GBU-10 on the centreline pylon

would be possable

With this loadout it would only be able to bomb the end of the runway after take off,due to fuel starvation.... :cheers:

SCOUT

With this loadout it would only be able to bomb the end of the runway after take off,due to fuel starvation.... :cheers:

SCOUT

lol

Yeah I know but it is still technically possible for her to lug it all around like that.

They should have stuck to the One Eleven, she could take 4x with her and only internal fuel.

Its rather a bad epitaph for the F-15E dont you think

"She was a great bomber

but not as good as the F-111F she replaced"

lol

They should have stuck to the One Eleven, she could take 4x with her and only internal fuel.

Its rather a bad epitaph for the F-15E dont you think

"She was a great bomber

but not as good as the F-111F she replaced"

But the Mudhen can fight it#s way to the target and back on it's own, and still can carry 4x2000#,

nonetheless the F-111 was ( and still is a very competend aircraft.

It had the better capabilities back in vietnam, than the Tornado had until 1991.

SCOUT

Dont give me that, she didnt need to turn and burn with the fighters to get there.

And somehow I doubt the F-15Es air to air capabilities when lugging around 1830gallons of fuel and 8,000lbs of bombs on her hardpoints.

Now Im not putting the F-15E down, she is for me today the very best you can get.

But against an F-111F, she will always be second best in the bombing roll.

One of the Beagle bubbas should be able to tell for sure, but I'm pretty sure they went away from the four GBU-10s on the corner stations after Desert Storm in favor of two on the center CFT stations. I'm not sure of the reason, but suspect it might have to do with turbulant air coming off the front bomb breaking the birdie of the rear bomb; but that's only a guess.

They used the corner stations arrangment in OIF, OAF saw the GBU-24 mounted to the mid lower CFT stations.