We're talking paint....right :worship:

Start at one side, continue in a steady line until you reach the end of the object and release.

Repeat ad-nauseum. When it comes to weathering, its spots and mists(from a distance)

regards

We're talking paint....right :worship:

Start at one side, continue in a steady line until you reach the end of the object and release.

Repeat ad-nauseum. When it comes to weathering, its spots and mists(from a distance)

regards

Paint yeah, LOL.... but do you move fast or real slow? LOL

Pat;

I always start from the left and move to the right, but I guess that is because I am right handed. The speed I move at depends on how much paint I want to lay down. Because I have a double action airbrush, I can control the amount of paint on the model in two ways. So by slowing down your "passing speed" you will naturally lay down more paint. By speeding up, you will lay down less. What you want to avoid is "pooling" the paint, and that can only happen when you move too slowly. Moving too quickly can only give you a too light coat. It is always easier to fix a too light coat, then to fix pooled paint on the model. So err on the side of caution and go with a faster passing speed. The same would apply if you are using a rattle can, if not more so.

HTH

J.C.

Pat;

I always start from the left and move to the right, but I guess that is because I am right handed. The speed I move at depends on how much paint I want to lay down. Because I have a double action airbrush, I can control the amount of paint on the model in two ways. So by slowing down your "passing speed" you will naturally lay down more paint. By speeding up, you will lay down less. What you want to avoid is "pooling" the paint, and that can only happen when you move too slowly. Moving too quickly can only give you a too light coat. It is always easier to fix a too light coat, then to fix pooled paint on the model. So err on the side of caution and go with a faster passing speed. The same would apply if you are using a rattle can, if not more so.

HTH

J.C.

Yeah, thanks alot Jaime!! I guess I go medium. I guess sometimes it really depends on the type and color of paint you use. Because the reason I asked was, this light blue, RLM something or another, seems to not cover as good, no matter how fast or slow i go. so I end up doing a light coat then another, and it seems to work that way, or covers completly on the second one.

For what it's worth, I start by spraying in the more confined areas first (wing roots, around/behind fixed landing gears or spats, in areas between jet intakes and fuselage), before moving out to easy-to-reach areas. Tends to avoid various overspray problems.

I reckon that each pass takes me about 1 second, across a wing, ensuring that I'm clear, before I go onto the next line, and I always run left and right. A friend, of mine goes up and down, so it's really what makes you feel most comfortable. One tip, that I learnt years ago, don't bend your wrist, since you risk getting uneven coverage.

Edgar