Eurofighter Typhoon

Many thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. :lol:

The undercarriage bays are fixed to the lower wings and I have assembled, filled and sanded the intake trunks, might need a tad more filler and sanding , but looking OK so far. The intake also houses the nose gear bay underneath, this fits very well into its slot too.

171393899.jpg

171393921.jpg

Thanks Gary :D

I have now spent some more time on the air intakes and the turbine faces, or lack of!

I used the kit parts and added some turbine faces using a couple of missile heads from the spares box and some thin strips of plasticard, it isn't totally accurate but I was attempting to add something inside the intakes rather than leave blank faces. Very little of them will be seen when installed so i just brush painted them with Humbrol Gun Metal then dry brushed with Revell Silver enamels.

I also cut off the rear parts of the afterburners cans to allow me to paint the inside faces of these with the same method as the front fan faces, i will then paint the inside of the burner tubes and reattach the rear facings .

As for the intakes, after some more filler and correction fluid then some sanding, I have coated them in light aircraft grey to act as a primer for the very light grey (almost white) intake interior colour, also to see if they are smooth, which they apear to be :rolleyes: .

Pix: -

173045857.jpg

173045875.jpg

173045914.jpg

173045837.jpg

As usual, all comments welcomed <_<

regards,

Mike

Thanx for sharing your build, looks like you are going to have a LOT of fun with those decals, some time ago I had some trubles with a RoG Tornado decals, I would like to see how good these decals are. îll be patient until RoG releases the 2 seater.

Just one question: it®s as good as the Rafale?? (of RoG too)

:thumbsup:

Same with me, but this build looks great.

I rally must invest some money on some of Revell AG's recent kits, usch as the Rafale while I wait for the family model Typhoon.

:banana:

MikeJ

• 2 weeks later...
Do the intake trunks need extending, or are they the appropriate depth?

They are a little shallow, but being that I have added the details to the turbine faces I want this to be seen so will go with the OOB intake trunking, also, any mods to this may interfere with the undercarriage bay creating more work which i could do without :lol:

Cheers,

Mike :D

Whilst on the subject of intakes.....

I've fitted the turbine plates to the interior and glued the lower wing to the fuselage, looks pretty good if i do say so myself :lol: . Though the areas that go into making the intakes sides etc are not that great a fit and may need a touch of filling and sanding :D

176437173.jpg

Does look fine to me! Do the intake trunks need extending, or are they the appropriate depth?

The intakes are actually extremely shallow as the compressor faces are just before the spine intake on the fuselage. From what I can tell from schematics you'd be hard pressed to see the faces. Sure would have been nice if they had extended the trunks farther on the kit. But, still, very nice kit. Bravo Revell!!! :(

More progress...

i have the nose fitted and filled etc, not too bad, but quite a deep gap around the join so I added correxction fluid and sanded lightly.

the same applies to the sides of the intakes, might have to rescribe the details that have filled with correction fluid, shouldn't be to much of a problem, nice fit, just a bit loose in places.

178747282.jpg

178747296.jpg

The upper wings have been attached here after I attached the lower wings section first, lower fit is good , same CANNOT be said for the upper wing to fuselage joint, not huge gaps, but big enough to need some substantial work.

178747326.jpg

178747315.jpg

178747303.jpg

All for now!

Mike :P

Mike....great looking build so far. When I built mine, a dry fit of the nose cone showed a good fit. However, I stuffed some lead weights in the tip & "drizzled" superglue in to hold them, then, rather foolishly, stood the nose cone on the cutting mat. When I came to pick if up five mins later, it was stuck solidly to the mat. I managed to rip it off but left a section of the rim behind so I had to fill anyway.

Also, interested to see that you still use clothes pegs! Me too although just this week I invested £25 in a set of "berna clamps" & so far, I'm very impressed & they have proved very handy on my current Airfix Bucc (which probably really needs welding together)!!!