EA-6B VMAQ-3 1/48th Scale

Here is an EA-6B that I finished up today. This one was built as a breather from my much more intense OV-10D+ build. I used the Monogram kit with BB and Cutting-edge "helper" kits. Decals are all custom - I built this plane to match the one in the ARC Walkaround section (EA-6B Parts 1,2 and 3).

It is not my greatest effort and certainly not a show model, but it was pretty fun to build and I needed the satisfaction of getting something completed.

I hope you like it.

Timmy!

Pictures in two parts here is 1 of 2.

ea6b14ft1.th.jpg ea6b13oi5.th.jpg ea6b12ad3.th.jpg ea6b11oj7.th.jpg ea6b10pv9.th.jpg ea6b9hj4.th.jpg ea6b8yr7.th.jpg

Yeah, for a quickie, slap together build, that is superb! One of my favourite jets, the Intruder/Prowler. Which kit is that one? Revell?

<_< <_<

J.C.

Thanks!

Well it wasn't exactly slap together, but I let a lot of details slide. No work on the landing gear or wheel wells for example.

It is the Revel kit.

No, I can clearly see that it is not truly "slap-together". But you did add quite a bit of detail, to the point of adding intake covers. Are they scratchbuilt? Or aftermarket? I have the Revell Intruder in my stash, and am looking forward to starting it this summer. I hope I do as well a job on mine as you did on yours!

<_<

J.C.

No, I can clearly see that it is not truly "slap-together". But you did add quite a bit of detail, to the point of adding intake covers. Are they scratchbuilt? Or aftermarket? I have the Revell Intruder in my stash, and am looking forward to starting it this summer. I hope I do as well a job on mine as you did on yours!

:woo:

J.C.

The intake covers were scratch-built. They are a piece of sheet plastic with wrinkled aluminum kitchen foil supperglued on top. The were not very hard to make (maybe I just had a lucky moment :crying: ).

Good luck on your build - be sure to post some pics!

Timmy!

Just a slap together??? wow thats better than what I would term a 'long term project' Haha.

Great build, looking foreward to seeing more progress on your OV-10d+, it's very inspiring!!!

Regards

Wow!

This is no slap together kit! Looks fantastic! I love the way you blended the windscreen to the fuselage too..Looks just right!

Outstanding

Pig

Thanks Pig and the everybody else for the vote of confidence!

I did this windscreen as I do all of the jets I build. For me the windscreen is part of the construction process. The windsreen is polished on the inside and dipped in future. It's then superglued to the airframe. Then the gap is sanded and smoothed as any other part. Of course the clear part is scratched in the process, but I polish it out and a layer of future is applied to the outside.

Timmy!

• 3 years later...
Hey Erin!

Funny, I forgot about this one!

Just went back to look again, and it is an amazing build-

Warm regards,

Pig

Pig,

Thanks for bringing this one up from the depths - make it look like I actually been building something, instead of the interminable planning phase I'm in.

ATIS and F-16rhs

Kind words are always appreciated. I'll do my best to contribute more in the future.

Timmy!

• 1 year later...