!/48 tomcat with the old beaver tail

Robert S. is correct about the "Wolfpack" boxing having the old style beaver tail with the dielectric panels still in place. I've never seen any other Hasegawa F-14A kit with them. The Atlantic, Pacific, & several of the VF-154 kits have the post Block 75 tail, up until the current style tail with the large ECM fairing that first came out with the D arrived. I have a VF-154 LANTRIN A model kit that has the current boat tail. I don't think its too hadd to find a Wolfpack kit.

Chris Ish

The very available Atlantic (JR on cover) and Pacific (VF-21? I think) have both types of tail assembly.

Also available but not as easy to find, the VF-1 Wolf pack boxing and the really hard to find one with a bi-cential VF-124 or VF-14 on the box (Its one or the other). Thats for 1/48 of course.

They all also come with the early gun bay purge vents.

The Atlantic and Pacific Squadron issues DO NOT have the original Beaver tail (at least mine don't). They have two types of tails, the one without the ECM fairing and the one with. The Wolfpack issue is the only one that has the original wide beaver tail. So that is the kit you will need.

The Atlantic and Pacific Squadron issues DO NOT have the original Beaver tail (at least mine don't). They have two types of tails, the one without the ECM fairing and the one with. The Wolfpack issue is the only one that has the original wide beaver tail. So that is the kit you will need.

Mine did, The Pacific one was bought a number of years ago. The Atlantic was from a trade so I dont know how old it might have been. Hmmmmmm........Could there be a difference in the country the kit was bought I wonder?

Or is it simply the time frame? (more likely)

Just to make sure we're all on the same page... there are 3 different kinds of beavertails seen on the tomcat (I understand some of you already know the difference, but this is just in case):

-The original flat beavertail (much wider than the one we all know and love... went to cruise without the dialectric panels seen on the sides

-The Standard Block 75-115 beavertail we all know

-The Block 125-up beavertail (looks near identical to the 75-115 one, but with the added ECM bump on the left side)

Having established that, I was under the impression that only the VF-1 Wolfpack boxing came with the earliest prototype-tail in the kit, it would be great if I was wrong though, that would make it easier to build the early-block tomcats.

Thanks for all the advice , it seems to me that I have to go for the WolfPack P020 Box , is there some one , who has it and want to sell it or to sell only the beavertail parts ??

Maybe someone knows, where to buy one ?

I would like to make a VF-111 Tomcat NL-215 , BuNo 198984 feb 1982 , this Tomcat was the first try-out of a new VF-111 scheme ( Full SunRay, Different Sharkteeth , Yellow Markings on the red Ventral fin and red tips on the wing and horizontal stabs )

Many thanks for the help and looking forward to more reactions!

Henk "Omar"

Thanks for all the advice , it seems to me that I have to go for the WolfPack P020 Box , is there some one , who has it and want to sell it or to sell only the beavertail parts ??

Maybe someone knows, where to buy one ?

I would like to make a VF-111 Tomcat NL-215 , BuNo 198984 feb 1982 , this Tomcat was the first try-out of a new VF-111 scheme ( Full SunRay, Different Sharkteeth , Yellow Markings on the red Ventral fin and red tips on the wing and horizontal stabs )

Many thanks for the help and looking forward to more reactions!

Henk "Omar"

Hi Sundowner!, pm sent about what you´re looking for! :D

I needed the OLD style beaver tail for a VF-302 bird for the Tomcat Sunset Build ..... ended up using scale drawings to scratchbuild one without the dialectric panels as per photos I have seen.

Scott

And of course once I finally got home and checked my kit that had the old style tail it was indeed the Wolfpack boxing, not the Atlantic Coast boxing. And as mentioned above it also had the unreinforced horizontal stabs.

I think I got my spare interim beavertail and fins from you, didn't I? <_< (Now I just need to find a reason to use it... my other kit I WAS gonna use it on got SARDIP-ed)

Edited by Skull Leader