I use a fresh #11 X-ACTO blade. I'm sure that I'll regeret it one of these days when I do slip, but it has worked real well so far.

Im with you Shawn on that way. Ive used the scissor method before and could never control it good enough, even used decal specific one and some operating types, always seemed to not be able to like make a good turn or whatever, or it would just not do to right.

lately ive just been doing it by hand with the #11 blade, i feel i have more control over it... knock on wood. LOL

hi i use a pair of nail scissors or a new no 1 blade, but ive just had a pair of tamiya decal scissors

74031-1200 come from hobby-link have'nt tried them yet but they look good.

andy

As far as possible, I leave the carrier film intact; I've always felt that cutting off some of the film will leave a slightly thicker decal. If you leave the carrier intact, it tapers away to nothing, giving you a better chance of an invisible surround. And I use blunt-ended nursing-type scissors, sharp, but safe.

Edgar

Hi Pat:

I use a fresh #11 blade, and a ruler to help avoid those slips. Haven't lost a decal yet, and I find I have much more control with the blade than with scissors... :cheers:

:thumbsup:

J.C.

Scissors here too, no need for anything else. Short, sharp and there is nothing better for control.

If you use a blade you'll need something sharper than a No. 11. Try a safety razor blade, the kind that Wilkinson Sword and Gillette make. They are much sharper, give excellent control and won't drag like an X-Acto. Don't bother with a handle, either, they are perfectly safe in bare fingers.

I wouldn't use one on my face any more, thanks to the new generation of stainless triple blades and so on, but for fine cutting of decals and as a general hobby tool you can not go wrong with a safety razor blade.

Edited by Bob Perry

A brand new pair of short scissors made by Fiskers. They are so sharp I could cut myself if I wasn't careful. When they start to dull, I buy a new pair and use the old ones in my tool box. If I need to get real close, an X-acto with a new #11. Scissors cover 99% of my work though.

Don

Hey Pat,

For the straight cuts on a decal sheet (I always cut with a sharp Xacto #11 blade) I use a little metal tool I found in a sewing supply store; it's a measuring tool that has various lengths and widths (the ones most common in sewing) marked off and can be turned this way or that to find the right measurement. It also makes a great little straight edge, especially for cutting or marking really short lengths.

Sure as heck wish there was a better way to make precise circular cuts!

Cheers

Old Blind Dog

Edited by Old Blind Dog