Academy 1/48 Hughes 500 MD ASW

Does anyone know if the clear parts for the Academy 1/48 Hughes 500 MD ASW are tinted. I know the older Hasegawa Hughes 500 kits used to have tinted clear parts. I have a couple of the police helos and know they aren't. I need a tinted bubble so I'm trying to find a kit that comes with tinted clear parts.

Thanks for looking.

Don

Hello Don,

I would guess that the Police and the ASW-kits have the normal clear parts. The last two MH6 Stealth Quiet Attack Helicopter- kits I bought, both had the tinted windows. I guess Academy thought the tinted windows matched nicely with the overall black livery of the MH6.

HTH, best reegards,

Gertjan

I need a tinted bubble so I'm trying to find a kit that comes with tinted clear parts.

Don,

YOu can spray Tamiya Smoke on the inside AFTER coating with Future then follow up with an AIRBRUSHED coat of Future.

As you probably know, if you dip the canopy after spraying on the Smoke it may come off.

You can control the amount of tint by spraying thin coats on until it looks right to you. If you buy it tinted it could already be too dark.

joe.

I can speak for the hasagawa kit which academy is doing now. The hasagawa 500 ASW had tinted windows and the 500 MD tow did. The CHP did not. Great kits! I had them years ago.

Hope this helped some.

John