but thats not what I wanted to say... anyone else thinks that 6 months for a GB is too long? maybe 4 or even 3 would add more pepper to the building schedule and allow for more GBs to take place? Just floating it out there. Nothing serious.

Best regards

Z.S.

Guest Phoinix

I'm not going to make it either. Some things on the Merlin took a bit more time than i expected.

Well, if you are going for mass production without any details, than 3-4 months is enough for 5 models, for others, which make more accurate models and take their time with the details, definetly not.

Not going to finish my blackhawk either I'm afraid. Just havent had enough free time to make progress and dont want to rush it.

I'll still continue with the build but will just have to update in the normal in-progress threads.

:soapbox:

Haven't been able to touch a model in weeks! I "may" be able to finish my first Longbow, since I go on hold on Tuesday. Keepin my fingers crossed. Priority is gonna be memorizing my EP's and Limits for the Longbow and then after that, finishing the Walkaround book. I may get back to the model sometime soon!

Jon

Uuuuurgh!! Not gonna make it either. <_<

Too much time wasted fretting about how to get the fuselage stuck together (it turns out superglue works GREAT on these old vac-forms, with NO issues of fogging/hazing) I've got it stuck together, and I've realized that all the panel lines are on the inside surfaces!! I'm very pleased with the kit, but now it's gotta be scribed, and I'm not going to be able to get it done by deadline.

Wow! I actually got something done on my first Longbow today! Still won't get it done 100% but it'll be close. Cockpit is finally finished and now its on to detailing the exterior. Just have a few things to paint and then I can Future it, decal and finish it. I think I'm gonna do it as the bird in my avatar, 03-5440. Gonna paint the sharkmouth and eyes by hand. Should be good!

Ok, sorry for the blurriness, but here's my progress so far. The two on the left are Hasegawa Longbows and the one on the right is the Revell Germany.

Models1.jpg

Closeup of 03-5440:

models2.jpg

Basically just need to paint everything you see that's gray on 5440. Rotors are done and just need to be popped on. Gotta love poly caps!

The middle one is my Block III Apache. I've drooped the rotor tips and scratchbuilt an Arrowhead MTADS display and PNVS turret for it. The Block III AH-64D will be joining the Army in 2011, so a lot of this is hypothetical.

And the right one. That's gonna be the British Apache AH.1. The fit is terrible, so this kit is taking a lot longer than anticipated. I included the Hasegawa cockpit that I had leftover from 5440 since I used the AIRES set on that one. It really helped it out a lot.