Italeri 1/48 ACH-47A Chinook

I'm not really in the know Chinook wise but can anything other than an ACH-47A be built from this kit? I'm eagerly awaiting the first review.

Regards,

Ed

Ed,

I'd be REALLY surprised if this didn't lead to a CH-47D/HC.1/2 release.Next time I'm in I might ask for alook in the box.

Stephen

Ed,

I'd be REALLY surprised if this didn't lead to a CH-47D/HC.1/2 release.Next time I'm in I might ask for alook in the box.

Stephen

I've so little idea about the Wokka that I don't know how different the CH-47A is from the HC.2. I did read some threads on the "big" Trumpeter kit, and I understand the HC.1 wasn't so different from the AC-47A, however I have no idea about the HC.2. Cheers,

Ed

Ed,

Stephen

I'm sure that is the case - already programmed for later this year?

Careful what you wish for!!, over at HeliKit news website one of the contributors says he's friend works at the Italeri factory where they are to release ALL of the 72nd scale Chinooks to 48th, which means a nightstalker bird is on the way!!!!!.Thank the modelling Gods!!!!!.

Careful what you wish for!!, over at HeliKit news website one of the contributors says he's friend works at the Italeri factory where they are to release ALL of the 72nd scale Chinooks to 48th, which means a nightstalker bird is on the way!!!!!.Thank the modelling Gods!!!!!.

a 1/48 MH-47E/G would be great....i'm praying that Trumpeter or some aftermarket give us 1/35 MH-47E/G though!

It is a scaled-up version of their 1/72nd Chinook, nekkid interior and all.

As far as a modern version, you will need to wait for aftermarket help as the rotor blades in the AC-47A will work for a Viet Nam era Chinook, but not for a CH-47D/HC.2 or other current Chinooks (a shortcoming in all of Italeri's Chinooks, among a few other niggles).

Cheers,

Alby

i got mine today, there is a lot of detail inside on the floorspace, tiedowns etc, an the rest doesn't look too bad, let me get some pics up for you.

regards

ch471.jpg

ch472.jpg

ch474.jpg

ch473.jpg

Edited by Bryan

B12, yes you can fold them back to save room and IS possible, but in all practicality it is just as easy to remove the blades while having the blade cradle and the hoist hooked up. They have blade racks for that purpose( to hold them in place and to take the strain off the pitch varrying housing) when stowed. Also when transported by C-5 the blades are removed but so are the fwd and aft pylons. If I were you I'd just stow them and call it good, it is possible and will save tons of space.

Can that kit be converted into a HC.1? I'm wondering whether to jump the gun or maybe wait until/if Italeri bring one out.

Not that easily. An early HC1 with the metal blades would be the easiest. Beyond that you get into all sorts of extras that we hung from out 'Hooks.

Biggest external differences would be to replace the pointed rear pylon face with the flat one that all later Hooks have and to add the wider engine intake screens (Memory tells me there are differences in engine angle?)

Other than that, add the various bits and bobs (antenna etc) and the triple cargo hook and you are there.

There is an article on the web, or even on here, that lists the diffs.