Atomic City/MRC 1/12 Mercury Space Capsule

Check this out guys. Look Here!.

I've read somewheres that these guys are serious about making accurate and up to date models of various spacecrafts, looks like they are off to a good start, I'll be looking for this one ans the Gemini and Apollo CSM when they are released.

As was mentioned in the review "Does anyone have a stick of Beaman's"

I'll be looking for this one ans the Gemini and Apollo CSM when they are released.

Hey Chuck,

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I heard that sales of the Mercury Spacecraft didn't break any sound barriers therefore Atomic City wasn't going to pursue the Gemini kit. Like I said, it would be a shame because a new tooled Gemini would be out of this world.

People claim that spacecraft kits cater to a very small click of builders. That's typically true. So maybe the rumors of not-so-great sales is accurate. Who knows...

Anyways, I gots me a Mercury and the exterior don't give me the blues. But the interior is not good at all. I mean really... one can't build this kit without the hatch open, but the cabin is a bare as a cue ball. I spent a couple of weeks detailing the escape tower. I was surprised at how much detail I had to add to it. The retro pack is pretty complete, probably the best part of the whole kit. But when it was time to start working on the interior, I let out a big sigh and put the model away. It'll take a ton of references and just as much to time to complete. Frankly I don't see an end in sight and I had some other projects that I wanted to finish during that same time frame. One day soon baby, one day soon...

Randy