Changing decals/paint on diecast models

Hey, I have seen quite a bit of really nice diecast models out there. I was wondering if anyone has ever bought one and changed the scheme on it. I don't know how they're built to see how they're painted or even know if after market decals will work on them. Some of you are probably wondering why anyone would want to do that, well it's a quick way to make a going away gift.

Hey, I have seen quite a bit of really nice diecast models out there. I was wondering if anyone has ever bought one and changed the scheme on it. I don't know how they're built to see how they're painted or even know if after market decals will work on them. Some of you are probably wondering why anyone would want to do that, well it's a quick way to make a going away gift.

A while back, I refinished a Matchbox F4U diecast. Wasn't much different than normal plastic work-wet-sanded the old markings off (they weren't decals but were some sort of printing/painting), filled the gaps, masked the canopy and engine/prop, hit it with primer then painted as normal. It sits in my office today.

Joe