First pics from the Nats

Another year I couldn't make it to the Nats but we have 2 reporters on site. Pat Gilmore, club VP, was there Wednesday on his way to a family obligation but did manage to send a bunch of pics.

Duane Kaiser sent a few also and will be sending more as the convention goes on.

Here is the link

http://www.ipmsslc.com/gallery2/v/Contests...KansasCity2006/

and a couple to tease you.

HPIM2233.jpg

scratchbuilt 1/32nd scale P-61

HPIM2232.jpg

Airfix TSR.2

:) Great shots of truly amazing work. I'm leaving St. Louis for Kansas City early Thursday morning. Uh, I thought I made it clear vendors can't sell anything until I get there. Sheesh!! Some people just don't listen. :explode: Ivan

Thanks for that , some beautiful pics, and even more beautiful models - personal stand out has got to be that B-2 - if that's from the 72nd scale kit then .. :o and :explode::worship:

Agreed on the excellent B-2!...also love the Toko-Ri Panther!! :)

The B-2 was built by the same young man who did the C-130 at Atlanta last year. Trust me, the pictures don't do it justice, it is stunning.

Maybe so

But, like his AC-130 last year, I don't recall seeing the real thing looking like that (weathering wise or overall color wise)

Just my two cents for what it's worth

Cheers

John

The B-2 is exceptionally built and the finish is very eye-catching, but I've got to agree with kstater94 that the weathering isn't very accurate. The gray is quite light and "faded", but the B-2's aren't left out in the sun, so it wouldn't take on that appearance. It doesn't take anything away from the quality of the build, which is stunning considering the piece of crap that is called the Testor's 1/72 scale B-2. Had the colors been darker, it would have been pretty close to a perfect build.

Got some more pics posted up including a couple of closer shots of the B-2.

Also, found out the P-61 isn't scratchbuilt but made out of a vac kit, probably from Combat Models.

P8030036.JPG

P8040015.JPG

yeah, that B-2 looks more weathered like a tank than an aircraft. I will say it's a nice piece of modelling (but then, John Vojtech put a lot of effort in to that AC-130 last year too), just needs a little refinement on the paintjob IMHO

Bingo, you're absolutely right, that's an XF-15 Reporter, which BTW was a photographic reconnaissance version of the XP-61E Black Widow. In the summer of 1945, the last XP-61E was modified as an unarmed photographic reconnaissance aircraft. All the guns were removed, and a new nose was fitted, capable of holding an assortment of aerial cameras. The aircraft was redesignated XF-15 (in the pre-1948 F-for photo recon series, not to be confused with the post-1948 F-for-fighter series).

Dang beautiful model, wish Migrant would take a few more of this beauty.

Caz

They seen to have totally missed this one at the Nats site! Any of you ARCers there know if this is an XP-61E? Photo courtesy of Mike Grant via MUG.

As I posted in another thread, that is NOT a DML kit used as a starting basis for this conversion (as I had previously guessed upon first seeing it)... he used the old AIRFIX kit... re-scribed it and did all the conversion mods himself! There's been other work, but I can't recall it all at the moment.

Nice to see some of the other sites getting pics up as well. I just love looking at everything that shows up.

Got another batch of pics up tonight including several more of that B-2. Can't wait to see what Duane takes on the last day.

P8040035.JPG

P8040004.JPG

P8040011.JPG

They seen to have totally missed this one at the Nats site! Any of you ARCers there know if this is an XP-61E? Photo courtesy of Mike Grant via MUG.

72_12.jpg

Caz

F-15A Reporter of the 8th Photo Recon Squadron in post war Japan. They were scrapped just before the Korean War started. There were only 36 F-15A's built.

Wish we could get a kit of that plane.

Mike

Duane got back home to his high speed internet so I got some more pics.

Said he will give me a CD with the rest of the shots at this months meeting.

But for now, I got another 33 pics online.

Here are a couple.

P8050048.JPG

P8050053.JPG

P8050110.JPG