First pics from the Nats

Another year I couldn't make it to the Nats but we have 2 reporters on site. Pat Gilmore, club VP, was there Wednesday on his way to a family obligation but did manage to send a bunch of pics.

Duane Kaiser sent a few also and will be sending more as the convention goes on.

Here is the link

http://www.ipmsslc.com/gallery2/v/Contests...KansasCity2006/

and a couple to tease you.

HPIM2233.jpg

scratchbuilt 1/32nd scale P-61

HPIM2232.jpg

Airfix TSR.2

Thanks for the exposure! At the same time gotta tell ya that (1) Ze beeg TSR.2 is the 1/48 Dynavector vac kit, NOT the teeny Airfix injected one, and (2) the B-57G has only the Collect-Aire fuselage forward of the canopy rear. The rest of the airframe is Uncle Jules' injected Canberra. This was, as you might guess, an industrial strength kitbash....

Phil

Phil!... glad to see you have joined up as one of the newest ARC members!... let me be one of the first to welcome you! :wave:

that (1) Ze beeg TSR.2 is the 1/48 Dynavector vac kit, NOT the teeny Airfix injected one,

Wasn't there a 1/72 TSR.2 at the Nats as well?... as I don't think it was the Airfix kit (resin if I recall), but it wasn't quite so "teeny" for the scale as I had initially expected! :D

and (2) the B-57G has only the Collect-Aire fuselage forward of the canopy rear. The rest of the airframe is Uncle Jules' injected Canberra. This was, as you might guess, an industrial strength kitbash....

It turned out really nice Phil... good job, I was really impressed with it! :soapbox:

Phil!... glad to see you have joined up as one of the newest ARC members!... let me be one of the first to welcome you! :wave:

Wasn't there a 1/72 TSR.2 at the Nats as well?... as I don't think it was the Airfix kit (resin if I recall), but it wasn't quite so "teeny" for the scale as I had initially expected! :D

It turned out really nice Phil... good job, I was really impressed with it! :D

Thanks, J.C.; it was a distinct pleasure to meet you in person! Not sure if the 1/72 TSR.2 was Airfix or the resin kit.

Phil

The B-2 is exceptionally built and the finish is very eye-catching, but I've got to agree with kstater94 that the weathering isn't very accurate. The gray is quite light and "faded", but the B-2's aren't left out in the sun, so it wouldn't take on that appearance. It doesn't take anything away from the quality of the build, which is stunning considering the piece of crap that is called the Testor's 1/72 scale B-2. Had the colors been darker, it would have been pretty close to a perfect build.

Darren,

IMO it's close enough for government work, and the "faded" panels break up a monotonous stretch of plastic that is the B-2! :D

Great to see you again; luved your Navy jet collection!

Phil

They seen to have totally missed this one at the Nats site! Any of you ARCers there know if this is an XP-61E? Photo courtesy of Mike Grant via MUG.

72_12.jpg

Caz

There is a great 1/48 Reporter resin conversion set by Mike West of Lone Star Models. It's the set I used for my Reporter, also in competition at the Nats. As far as the long-ago-announced 1/48 AmTech P-61/Reporter, IMO It'll never see the light of day. I'd buy Mike West's set while it's still in production.

Bondo Phil

Hey Bondo,

It was great seeing you again, too. Good to see you here on ARC. I saw your post on HS about the lack of coverage of the Nats. I agree with you, which either means we saw the same thing or we're both old curmudgeons! :D I'm not sure why there wasn't any interest over on HS, but I guess the old saying holds true...To each their own.