1/72 Sniper XR Pod

Hi All,

Has been a while since the last update…. I’ve been working on the casting portion & here’s the final production piece which include the basic Pylon & XR pod w/ rotatable head.

Attached picture is the test run replicate in resin form attached to the Hasegawa’s DJ kit…

Trialcast.jpg

I’ve 4 of them cleaned up & applied wash to highlight the details. Repositioned the heads for ‘active’ deployment as is…. These replicates had their pegs casted in hence one would only need to drill hole (2mm) for the head in order to ‘deploy the XR actively’.

The mating for some of the pods was not accurately aligned as I had the holes drilled eccentric to each other as I was too eager to engage the snipers…

The actual pieces are as is…. Regular cleaning & sanding would be required to fix the pod and if there’s no major concern, I’ll commence production this coming week….

Example of acceptable lot

Trialcast_Prod.jpg

Example of Rejects (Incomplete cast / Bubbles at Vents / Major External Bubbles)

@ 2 extream right pods

Trialcast_Rejects.jpg

Each pod is going for $5.99. Please kindly drop me a confirmation through PM.

Thanks,

Daryl

* For those folks who had previously expressed interest…. It would be very kind to re-confirm if you’re keen still. Appreciate it guys…. Thanks once again.

Hello David Walker,

Thanks for your kind words...... Hope to better improve on it the next round.

Hi Mungo,

I'm currently commited to deliver the 72nd pod first then I'll proceed to work on the 48th & 32nd.... Solo here, so one at a time. :cheers:

Any other 48th takers?

Regards,

Daryl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Quick update on the XR pods... Basically, they're ready for shipment along with the pylons.

DSC05736.jpg

However, I wish to express my disapointment that I've overlooked on the pylon aspect. It has been noted that the dimension was too 'short' thus I'm making plans to rebuild another new one with the appropriate extension. At such, you guys may have to wait for a little while longer while I'll try my best to shorten the waiting time. Humm... wasted those short pylons!

DSC05758.jpg

Production has been slow as I've undertaken personnel project & concurrently working on other bits & pieces primarily focusing on the Viper accessories as I would like to build the various 'D-ver' operators. I'll probably do a new post for the below mentioned as I've a couple of extras in 72nd....

- Dorsal Spine * w/ various parahousing & humps for different operators (RSAF / IAF / HAF / Oman / etc...)

- 600 gallon tanks

- ADF avoinics hump/bulge

- Maybe a UAE Blk60...???

DSC05744-1.jpgDSC05742-1.jpgDSC05739-1.jpg

As for the XR pod in 48th & 32nd scale.... I do not wish cross Dave's path as he's currently working on. I have a rough out master but probability is not high unless I've finished the 72nd Viper accessories.... As for now, I just wish to deliver the 72nd pods. I'll post when the new pylon is done up.

Thanks for the patience,

Daryl

- Dorsal Spine * w/ various parahousing & humps for different operators (RSAF / IAF / HAF / Oman / etc...)

- 600 gallon tanks

- ADF avoinics hump/bulge

- Maybe a UAE Blk60...???

Hmm, gasbags sounds like something I could use :cheers:

A couple more spines wouldn't hurt either.

:cheers:

The Sniper pods look great, looking forward to seeing the updated pylons. I must admit, I am really interested in the ADF tail, and the D spine.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread,

-Jared

Hi Doc...

I've actually roughed in the shape, just lacking surface details. However, i'm certain that i can use yours as guild to better provide... Very sharp pylon you've. Thanks for the offer.

Between, what are you gonna do with the 1st batch of L2 pods? I've some extra XR to trade... Interested?

Call me...

Daryl

Daryl,

good, quick job. one thing though: if you need to use my pylons, do let me know. i've measured them many many times, so i'm quite sure they're ok

David

Hi Mark,

I'm still working on the new pylon else all are ready to go....

I do have plans for various Viper accessories so for the time being, just these couple of bits & pieces.

Regards

Daryl

Daryl:

You're da man!!! ;) Great ADF tails. When will we be able to order the pods and tails?

Have you considered the towed decoy pylons for the F-16?

Keep up the great work,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
I do have plans for various Viper accessories so for the time being, just these couple of bits & pieces.

Are you still considering doing 'universal' spines Daryl? You might want to consider doing CFTs too. That way, one can buy a spine, a pair of CFTs and the lumps and warts for doing, say, a Sufa :huh:

I know IsraCast is doing the Sufa conversion - I got two of them. That's the reason I'm asking.

<_<

* Hatchet

The spine is in production mode... Just building up some inventory for the time being. I'll be doing a sperate post on those new stuffs. Various spine option & ..... :cheers:

As for the CFT's... Sounds like a plan. I'll put that in the list, however... I wish to atleast materialise those stuffs mentioned before making any new project. Solo here....

* ElectroSoldier

I'm not certain if that's true... But recent post @twobobs Babe of the week suggested that the Eagle is using them. Not sure if its operational.

Enjoy your weekend folks,

Daryl