Back washing your A/B

It cleans out some of the paint that accumulates - by changing the flow I imagine it creates disruption in the internal airflow and dislodges some paint that would otherwise stick fast. It's part of my regular end-of-session cleaning routine. Try it sometime, you'd be amazed at what comes out.

Word of advice - for obvious reasons use a closed paint jar/cup or whatever.

HTH

It cleans out some of the paint that accumulates - by changing the flow I imagine it creates disruption in the internal airflow and dislodges some paint that would otherwise stick fast. It's part of my regular end-of-session cleaning routine. Try it sometime, you'd be amazed at what comes out.

Word of advice - for obvious reasons use a closed paint jar/cup or whatever.

HTH

Thanks Mike! Yeah i noticed that, I had to put my thumb over the cup , LOL.

its a good thing i was wearing glasses!! :thumbsup:

Can someone explain what "back washing" is for the uninformed amongst us :banana:

if you hold your finger, lightly, on the tip of the AB, and if you have a little laquer thinner in the AB cup, it will bubble it. it pushes that thinner back through the other way, helps clean it out a little better.

thats the best way i can describe it.

It's also good when mixing small quantities of paint and thinner right in the a/b cup. Just don't push down too hard on the trigger and end up with a lot of air. Paint will be everywhere.

I did do it tonight after I shot some FS16515 but I guess it was pretty clean already because I didn't get that much extra out of it. I also flushed it with xylol about a week ago and that stuff will clean out just about anything, so that may have had something to do with it.

Edited by David Walker

I just disassemble my airbrush each time I change colors. It's kind of a pain, but I've gotten really fast at taking mine apart and getting it back together again in a few minutes. I could be on the Badger pit crew for airbrush disassembly.. :lol:

I found that the backwashing wasn't getting it clean enough, so I started with the complete cleaning.

Just my method.. :thumbsup:

Chris