F-14 from the top gun film

CVW-11 was aboard the Enterprise during filming of the shipboard scenes, with VF-114 and VF-213. Two Tomcats were done up with markings for the movie, one from each squadron. Maverick's/Goose's was (probably) Aardvark 112, and Iceman's/Slider's was (definitely) Lion 213.

Daniel

Sorry all I'm way bussy I'll have something to show this weeked.

That's cool, Jared--whenever you have time for them. It's not like there's a deadline or anything, and getting them right is more important than getting them fast. :whistle:

Daniel

If only we knew who wrote that article ??? :cheers:

Hmmmm ... ;)

Gregg

Probably some poor schmuck who thinks he knows everything about Tomcats. Sheesh, what a loser! :rofl:

I will say that it won't be comprehensive about the markings. The main thrust of the article is how to man-handle the Revell/Monogram kit and beat it into submission. I also show some of the weathering techniques I do. The reason for the Topgun markings is because it's the 20th anniversary of the movie and they liked that idea. So, don't look too much into the markings. You will probably notice that I have it marked as Mav's bird, but the modex is 104. During the flying scenes, they actually show Mav in 104. Just one of the many discrepancies in the movie...but who cares! It's still fun to watch!