So any new products announced at the Nats

Well, at the show, Wings Models had reissues of the old Eagles Talon Gemini Titan and Mercury Atlas in 1/48 scale for $90 each. They will sell for $89.95 when they are posted on the Wings Models website.

IsraDecal was there with the F-16I conversion for the 1/72 Revell F-16B and newer decal sheets for the Sufa in 1/72 and 1/48 with both Negev and Bat squadron markings (the Negev markings look nice with an Israeli flag in the artwork). IsraDecal also has new F-15I markings with the Eagle tail paintjob for Hammers Squadron and conversion bits for the jet in 1/48 and 1/72. I believe they also had some new decals for AH-64D Longbow Apaches as well.

Revell announced the F-18F (as indicated in a Jet Modeling thread).

Black Box had on display a 1/32 TA-4F/J Skyhawk conversion kit for a Hasegawa single seater and it looks like even I could build one from it. I believe it was 1/32 anyway considering how massive it was. I wish they would have done it for 1/48 scale though since Hasegawa did do a TA-4 kit at one time already.

Lots of vendors had P-400 Airacobra kits from Hasegawa for sale. Plus, I got my first glimpse of a Revell of Germany 1/48 Eurofighter in the box at the Revell table. It has A LOT of plastic in it for the relatively low price that it will be issued for.

Black Box had on display a 1/32 TA-4F/J Skyhawk conversion kit for a Hasegawa single seater and it looks like even I could build one from it. I believe it was 1/32 anyway considering how massive it was. I wish they would have done it for 1/48 scale though since Hasegawa did do a TA-4 kit at one time already.

It seems strange that BB would waste time on a 1/32 twin seat Skyhawk conversion. AFAIK, it isn't too hard to get the Hase TA-4J kit. You would need not only the cockpit and forward fuselage, but also the windscreen and canopy, and to my knowledge BB hasn't released sets with clear parts like this before. Considering that the price of the cockpit alone are about $40, I can't guess how much a complete conversion costs.

Now they did just release the TA-4J cockpit set in 1/32. Are you sure that wasn't what they were displaying, installed in a kit?

Revell finally announced the release of the F/A-18F, huh? That's OK, I guess, but not a big surprise since the E kit was already set up for the twin seater.

Edited by Dave Williams

No, it wasn't just a drop in cockpit set. The plastic originally started life as an A-4E and the nose was chopped off and relocated to in front of the resin piece that made up the new extended section. The plastic was unpainted, showcasing what was kit parts and what was resin. I would hope it is two sets, one being the cockpit set and the other one being the conversion bit. So, you probably could just get the cockpit to drop into a TA-4J I suppose and skip the other bits if you don't need it.

No, it wasn't just a drop in cockpit set. The plastic originally started life as an A-4E and the nose was chopped off and relocated to in front of the resin piece that made up the new extended section. The plastic was unpainted, showcasing what was kit parts and what was resin. I would hope it is two sets, one being the cockpit set and the other one being the conversion bit. So, you probably could just get the cockpit to drop into a TA-4J I suppose and skip the other bits if you don't need it.

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder what BB going to do for the clear parts. Even the windscreen is different than on the single-seater.

Lots of vendors had P-400 Airacobra kits from Hasegawa for sale. Plus, I got my first glimpse of a Revell of Germany 1/48 Eurofighter in the box at the Revell table. It has A LOT of plastic in it for the relatively low price that it will be issued for.

I hope is accurate too, but the ratio quality/price is very promising.

Trumpeter made a survey among the modelers and the asked the top 3 wished kits. I put as my first the B-17 in 48th scale And the guy from stevens international told me that the B-17 is on top of the list of many modellers.

They will release the 1/144 Tu-95 in september according to their schedule for 54 $, can't wait

Revell also had sprues for the 1/72 Fw 200 Condor. It looked quite impressive as well. The Hasegawa Ju 88A-4 also was available on a limited basis. Parts breakout make it possible to produce almost any variant of the Ju 88.

I spent quite awhile drooling over the Condor test shots. Unfortunately, they wouldn't quite fit in Mandie's purse. Looks like the fabric sections of the wings are a bit overdone, but nothing a little primer and sanpaper shouldn't take care of.

I glanced at the Ju-88, but was put off by the $45.00 price tag. I might snag one when they eventually go on half-price at Hobby Lobby.

I did finally get a couple of FineMolds Bf-109Fs, when HLJ was having thier half-price we-don't-want-to-ship-this-crap-back-to-Japan sale Saturday afternoon. (I just couldn't bring myself to pay over 20 bucks for a 1/72 109, but 12 is do-able!)

SN

Edited by Steve N

I managed to get one of these sets. Looked good on the table. I have yet to open the box....too many other goodies were purchased.

I also picked up a BB 1/32 A-4M conversion set as well.

Jeff

I did finally get a couple of FineMolds Bf-109Fs, when HLJ was having thier half-price we-don't-want-to-ship-this-crap-back-to-Japan sale Saturday afternoon. (I just couldn't bring myself to pay over 20 bucks for a 1/72 109, but 12 is do-able!)

I had already purchased 34+ FineMolds 109s direct from HLJ as they were released (can you tell I am a 1/72 109 fan? :banana: ) so didn't feel too compelled to buy more at the Nats. I was over at the WWI Memorial Saturday afternoon and missed the 1/2 off sale :crying: which was probably a good thing since I would have no doubt bought a few more. :rolleyes:

I also picked up a BB 1/32 A-4M conversion set as well.

Jeff

Is this conversion now complete? Mine has the missing bulged canopy! Don't know if Dave Roof finally did it or they are still selling them incomplete, please advise.

Eli

FYI - The owner of Meteor Productions made a "sad announcement" at the open house on Saturday, he said the Wellington kit was one of the worse model kits he's ever seen. I'm keeping an open mind until I see the reviews.

The owner of Meteor Productions made a "sad announcement" at the open house on Saturday, he said the Wellington kit was one of the worse model kits he's ever seen. I'm keeping an open mind until I see the reviews.
This sums up what friends have said who saw the kit at the Stevens stand at the Nats......the words overdone, comical and gross were used when describing the framework detail on the wings and fuselage.