Italeri 1/72 C-130H to USMC KC-130

I was wondering if there were any conversion kits out there to transform Italeri's C-130H (1/72) to an USMC KC-130.

If not, could anyone point me to a walkaround of the KC-130, so I can see what needs to be done?

TIA

Not a fully 1,000 image walk, but an overview that I shot is here:

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spi...kc-130t_163023/

of this aircraft

kc-130t_163023_01_of_20.jpg

Thanks Gents...by the looks of it, I'll have to get a hold of a second pair of wing tanks and modify them for the drogue system, and add/delete a couple of antennae. I should be able to whip up a batch of decals for it; thankfully it looks like straightforward LongBeach USN all around.

While I was looking at the pics, I noticed a red and white Piper Warrior III in the background of the shot of the nose. I did a custom repaint for that very plane for use in Microsoft Flight Simulator....small world!

n9844s-1.jpg

Edited by Frank Steffens

According to the Lockheed book "Tasks Of Hercules", USMC tankers utilize a single 3600 gallon tank in the cargo compartment. I can send you a scan of the drawings in the book, showing the location of the tank. If interested, PM me your email address.

Larry Engesath

• 10 years later...

Just beautiful pics Bill.  I plan on making either a standard KC-130T or one of the two stretched KC-130T-30s.  Just waiting for Dave at Flying Leathernecks to finish the KC-130 F/R/T decals.  The J decals are done. R/ Dutch

22 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Just beautiful pics Bill.  I plan on making either a standard KC-130T or one of the two stretched KC-130T-30s.  Just waiting for Dave at Flying Leathernecks to finish the KC-130 F/R/T decals.  The J decals are done. R/ Dutch

Working on those now actually. Hopefully I'll have a finished sheet by the middle of June to send to the printer.

Attack Squadron makes absolutely gorgeous refueling pods, sponson corrections, nacelle corrections and a very, very nice flap set for the Italeri kit. I've got a copy or 3 of all their C-130 1/72 stuff, and it's well worth the very affordable price. Scott Zuieback (rebelalpha on eBay) carries their stuff in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...

And.......

don't forget the EXCELLENT Attack Squadron engines, the "horse shoe" chaff/flare dispensors, and to add the sponson extensions/corrections on both sides.

I too am building the KC-130T and am eargerly awaiting Dave's decals (and the eventual(?) "Black Sheep" AV-8B ones too!).

Patiently waiting,

WARDOG

And.......

don't forget the EXCELLENT Attack Squadron engines, the "horse shoe" chaff/flare dispensors, and to add the sponson extensions/corrections on both sides.

I too am building the KC-130T and I have the engines, refuelling pods, square windows, extended/corrected sponsons, crew figures, and other assorted bits and am about ready to commit!

I'm eagerly awaiting awaiting Dave's decals (and the eventual(?) "Black Sheep" AV-8B ones too!).

Patiently waiting,

Oops, Dutch are you referring to other than 1/72nd scale?  I see that Dave's decals are just 32nd and 48th scale, I would have personally funded his operations for a long time with purchases of 72nd scale EA-6B, CH-53, KC-130, and maybe UH-1N and AV-8B decals.

STILL waiting,

WARDOG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

@Glynn, Now you have me wondering! 

@Dave Roof,  Sir, you do plan to release the KC-130F/R/T decals in 1/72 as well as 1/48, correct?

Yes, the KC-130 sheet will be done in 72nd scale.

O. K.,

Apologies to MHaz...you CLEARLY talked about the Attack Squadron engine nacelles and sponsons in your post!

And to Dutch and Dave...I didn't know there were going to be 1/72nd scale decals for the KC-130(EXCELLENT news!), I was only looking at what was on the site.

And...a double post to put a cherry on top of the "Duh!" cake!

Head removed from rear now,

WARDOG

Does anyone have drawings or photos of the HUGE fuel tank, skids, and plumbing for a USMC KC-130?  During the half dozen or so flights back and forth across the Pacific, I was only worried about crawling around the d%%n thing without getting any grime on my Charlie uniform and just interested in getting off the bird that I never took a picture or made a diagram.  I mean, if you're gonna make a KC-130, then make a KC-130!

Edited by Dutch
additional info