1/32 two-seat Viper

I've been busy the past few days beginning another Hasegawa F-16B/D conversion. As of right now, I still don't know if I'll do a block 60 UAE jet assigned to the 162FW in Tucson, or a block 15 ADF. That's a decision for a bit later.

Here's a few shots of the rough cuts made for the rear cockpit.

fuse1.jpg

fuse2.jpg

A little closer......

fusecut2.jpg

fusecuts1.jpg

Jake

Didn't knew that there were 1/32 B/D kit's available.

There are no kits for a two-seater. This is the Hasegawa A/C kit modified.

I think I'm going to do an ADF jet, so this jet won't require a LITENING pod, DrP. However, I've got a bunch more in various stages of progress that will need one.

Jake

Simply amazing!! Which ADF unit are you going to do?

I'm not sure, yet. I need to sort through my pictures and see what I like. Maybe the 191FIG from Selfridge, or a modern 119FW from NDANG. Gotta preference?

Great job on the rescribing. Just so I understand, you used two Revell As to extend the cockpit? Is there another thread that shows the details behind the conversion? It looks really interesting.

No, David. This is one Hasegawa "C" kit. The front cockpit will probably be from Black Box, but the rear pit will need scratchbuilt, along with the canopy. I built another two-seater a while ago, and pictures of it are in the gallery.

Jake

So, any reason for the fascination of two seaters?

They're the only ones I get to fly in! :)

Yep, Pig, I thought of all people, you'd feel my pain! Until Tamiya releases theirs to make it easy on us, this is the only way.

Jake

Being that I'm at Langley AFB, I'd like to see a ND ANG tub in an alert configuration! :banana:

My thoughts, too, but have you seen a tub on alert over there?

Jake

Being that I'm at Langley AFB, I'd like to see a ND ANG tub in an alert configuration! :banana:

My thoughts, too, but have you seen a two-seater on alert over there? I don't know that I've ever seen a two-seater from any ADF squadron on alert before.

Jake

My thoughts, too, but have you seen a two-seater on alert over there? I don't know that I've ever seen a two-seater from any ADF squadron on alert before.

Jake

No I haven't seen a 2 seater on alert here at Langley. One of the 1st AMRAAM air-to-air victories was in a tub ... so why not have an ADF tub on alert? :thumbsup:

I say go with it! :thumbsup:

Anyone from the 119FW have pics of the tub with live heaters/AMRAAMs?

Not much progress. I've been slogging away with rescribing and adding the fasteners.

I almost wish I'd used the Tamiya or even Academy kit for this project.

361_6169_1.jpg

361_6167.jpg

Jake

Edited by jmel