New Use for Blue Tack

....Blue Tack or Poster Putty, or whatever its called in your neck of the woods...is a great way for attaching small scale figures to a diorama base.

It's esecially useful for a diorama/vignette/model base that will be transported often.

I cut off a small piece (about the size of a poppy seed!!!!) and stick it to the foot of the figure, then stick it to the base. If any of it oozes out, just trim it, or use a smaller piece. I kid you not, I tried a piece that couldn't have been much bigger than a grain of sand, and the figure still stood! It won't harm any painted surface, and it's cheap. You can pick it up in office supply stores, and you can also use it for masking camo jobs (which is what most people here will be familiar with).

I thought everyone knew that blu tac was for tacking things?

Modellers? Using something for it's intended purpose? Next you'll tell me people actually use windex to clean windows, and Future to make their floors shiny... :thumbsup:

I agreee Blue Tac can stick the figure into the diorama but it has a side effect. After a long period and you decide to take that figure out, the blue tac may melted or become more sticky due to temperature, it will make your figure's feet sticky and messy

That depends. The crayons they give you to color your placesetting at Denny's are pure trash; Blue Tac has the clear advantage there. However, nothing, and I mean nothing, can match the unparalleled quality of the quintessential Crayola plucked from the 64 crayon box. The nose is subdued, almost waxy. Regardless of how hard you try, you cannot bruise the fruit of a Crayola. It starts with a hint of raspberry, then at the rear of the palette, a flourish of cherry. The finish has a genuine oak quality the likes of which I have not found in any other household object/thing you are not supposed to eat.

Ideally, blue tack goes well with table water crackers and fine sturgeon caviar. Naturally it should be accompanied by a premium vodka, served as cold as possible. Other, lesser known recipes where blue tack does well are in Lamb Wellinton (as the backbone for the fois grois patte). When flash seared in garlic as a bed for escargot, any true epicurian devotee will recognize immediately its value to the worldwide gastronomic community.

(I'm actually happy this thread has been hijacked. After reading some of the replies and then the original post, I realized I really am a tool for posting it in the first place!)

Edited by Frank Steffens
That depends. The crayons they give you to color your placesetting at Denny's are pure trash; Blue Tac has the clear advantage there. However, nothing, and I mean nothing, can match the unparalleled quality of the quintessential Crayola plucked from the 64 crayon box. The nose is subdued, almost waxy. Regardless of how hard you try, you cannot bruise the fruit of a Crayola. It starts with a hint of raspberry, then at the rear of the palette, a flourish of cherry. The finish has a genuine oak quality the likes of which I have not found in any other household object/thing you are not supposed to eat.

Ideally, blue tack goes well with table water crackers and fine sturgeon caviar. Naturally it should be accompanied by a premium vodka, served as cold as possible. Other, lesser known recipes where blue tack does well are in Lamb Wellinton (as the backbone for the fois grois patte). When flash seared in garlic as a bed for escargot, any true epicurian devotee will recognize immediately its value to the worldwide gastronomic community.

(I'm actually happy this thread has been hijacked. After reading some of the replies and then the original post, I realized I really am a tool for posting it in the first place!)

Pah - Denny's? I'd never stoop so low. Crayola's the only way to go. Mmmmm mmmm, that's good eats right there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...