Got Home....safe and sound....

I'm just checking in......and I hope others will to. I got home safe and sound after sleeping only 4 or 5 hours per night all week and not sleeping at all the last night.....choosing to sit up with friends all night in the lobby and talk on the final night.

What a time I had!!!

Steve B

ARC Night Shift

I'm just checking in......and I hope others will to. I got home safe and sound after sleeping only 4 or 5 hours per night all week and not sleeping at all the last night.....choosing to sit up with friends all night in the lobby and talk on the final night.

What a time I had!!!

Steve B

ARC Night Shift

East coast checking in sir. Finest kind and all that.

I just got in about two hours ago. We were delayed in KC after they detected a strange smell coming from the cockpit. Not sure if it was the smell of something burning or not, but they put us on a different plane, just in case. Of course, this threw my schedul off by about three hours, but it's good to be home.

What a time I had!!!

Steve B

ARC Night Shift

Steve,

Glad you got home safely.

I also really enjoyed the whole experience. It was simply wonderful to meet up with friends made last year. I have TONS of photos (put my new camera to work!) and will try like heck to get those posted soon. I need to find some webspace - so any advice there is greatly appreciated.

It was a great show, and I hope we can all do it again sometime.

cheers

--Frank

Present and Accounted for, got in the driveway last night at 11:30, the drive took 8 1/2 hours. I for one was really glad to meet up with all the friends and folks from ARC. WHAT A SITE!!

SOOOOOOO hows that pool???? :whistle:

THANKS for the great times,

Jack aka BUGFAN

Made it back before noon today. Of course, I was up before 0400 to do it...

As always, had a great time. Nice work fellas. Of course, NEXT year (or '08, depending on how far you are from either location) we ALL need to try and bring something. So much more fun when we have kits to show off to each other, competitive or not. I'm really, really glad I had something on the tables to show the other ARCers this year.

Alright, I'm doing the quick turn. 1 night at home, and now I'm off to Nellis for a conference the rest of the week. I'll check back in on Friday or so.

Cheers,

Mandie and I got home about 2100 EDT. Had a nice, smooth flight from KC to Chicago, then a drive back to Michigan. I thought we'd save time that way, but once you include the time wandering around airports, and a cab back to my sister's place to get my car, I think we got home about the same time as we would have if we'd driven.

Didn't win anything, but got to meet or catch up with lots of great folks, and had a fantastic time!

SN

Made it home safe and sound by about 12:30 after the awards banquet cleared. Would have loved to have stayed late and chatted with everybody in the lobby, but had things to attend to on the homefront.

Was a lot of fun though and was very glad to be able to meet everyone... and an honor and a priviledge to be a part of the group at the awards banquet. Just wish it all hadn't flown by so fast, as the past four days just seemed like a whirlwind! ;)

MUCH thanks to my loving wife, who was gracious enough to let me literally "disappear" for the past four days though. My son was also very happy to be able to spend time with his "dada" again today. Maybe someday when he's older he'll be tagging along with dear ol' dad to another Nats.

Glad to hear that it sounds like everyone is making it home safe.

Cheers.

What a time I had!!!

Steve B

ARC Night Shift

I am green with envy, you guys seem to have had a great time and I couldn't make it this time. maybe make it to Virginia beach in two years

good luck guys

Ted

Checking in from TN. We got back late Sunday afternoon around 5:00 PM. After the eight hour drive I was pretty beat so I just kicked back, had supper with the wife and chilled. I'm off to work this morning, but I just want to thank everyone I finally got to meet and hang out with... IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!. I'll post later for more specifics. Don M.

I had to come home on Friday night, but it was an uneventful 3 hour drive (except maybe for the deer and the possum that considered crossing the road in my path on a couple of occassions). I had a blast and only wished I could have had the budget to spend a bit more in the vendors room this year. But, its not like I need more models in my stash anyway. :bandhead2:

I'll try to make it to OC next year, and 08 is also in my plans.

Well, see you guys later. I have a Tomcat for the Sunset build to finish now.

Our plane was delayed in KC for an hour, so missed the connection at Denver and had to spend an additional 6 hours at the airport till the next flight- got in at just after midnight yesterday (this morning?).

Had a fantastic time, met lots of great people (too numerous to name), and was totally impressed by the whole show. The venue was great- not only is the Hyatt a superb hotel but I could stumble out of the elevators, turn the corner and I'd be in the show hall :rolleyes:

Jeff,

Glad u got home ok.Was great to meet u at the Nat's and if u could give the guys over on the LSP site some more details other from the ones i posted that would be great.And gain for u.U'er jets were the best for me.Judging got rel dumb as to for them not splitting up the jets as to two engine types as to the single engine types.Talk to u when u have some time to relax and catch u'er breath.Larry

Steve,

KC did a real good job. Thanks guys......

The old fart and me took a side trip to ERTLVille to see what they had at the outlet store there at ERTL in Dyersville Iowa then headed to Evers Toy Store there to which they had Testors Metelizer sealer and thinner closed out at 50 cent each so I bought a bunch plus flat white @ the same price.

Driving the back roads Jack got busted for speeding by the Iowa State Police for doing 70+ in a 50 two lane back road but cop reduced it to just 10 over for him.

Glad all made it safe and sound back home.

Randy

JC,

Glad to see u again after the contests at the Combat Air Museum.Hope u did some good at the awards saturday night.And hope when u have sometime from u'er work and family to talk to the guys at the museum about any chance for a future contest.Or if u can.Give me a shout and i'll throw some ideas at u,so u can take them to the guys at the museum.Larry Hawkins

Pulled into my driveway in Atlanta last night at around 23:15 after a restful :banana: 14+ hour solo drive across the country. The show was excellent and the host chapter did a great job on just about everything. Like some others mentioned, it was really cool to get to meet some of the real people behind the names here on ARC.

Great modelers, great models, great vending room....life is good!!! :o

Have fun modeling!

Mike

Got home safe but not sound. Running a 102* with full out flu symptoms. Can't sleep and the 10 hour drive took a lot out of me. By the way, It was worth every second! What a great time. Got lots of cool stuff (Thanks Steve, Don and Jack!) Saw some great friends and rubbed elbows with the shakers and movers.

Hey this post calls me a newbie! Is that anything like a virgin? Yea, yea! That is me! LOL

I have TONS of photos (put my new camera to work!) and will try like heck to get those posted soon. I need to find some webspace - so any advice there is greatly appreciated.

Frank,

I've got all kinds of webspace, so if you want to send them over, I'll set up a page for them and we can permanently archive them. :blink:

This was my first Nats. and won't be my last. Made it back to the Buckeye State at 0200. What a show!! Great job K.C.!!

BTW....I took alot of pics as well. The models were awesome!!

Jerry

Edited by dragonfly