Got Home....safe and sound....

Well, as steve said we got home last night. I actually got home today, after spending time at his place. Kelly, I can't beleive we missed each other again. Hope you feel better soon.

now it's back to work for me in the am.

mandie

JC,

Glad to see u again after the contests at the Combat Air Museum.Hope u did some good at the awards saturday night.And hope when u have sometime from u'er work and family to talk to the guys at the museum about any chance for a future contest.Or if u can.Give me a shout and i'll throw some ideas at u,so u can take them to the guys at the museum.Larry Hawkins

Hey Larry,

I came away with a 3rd in 1/72 U.S. jets... so yeah, I did "good." :wacko: :P :cheers::woo::nanner:

Send me an e-mail with your ideas as I'm interested in hearing them.

Got home safe but not sound. Running a 102* with full out flu symptoms. Can't sleep and the 10 hour drive took a lot out of me. By the way, It was worth every second! What a great time. Got lots of cool stuff (Thanks Steve, Don and Jack!) Saw some great friends and rubbed elbows with the shakers and movers.

Hey this post calls me a newbie! Is that anything like a virgin? Yea, yea! That is me! LOL

Thank Steve Stohr, NA is his show(I'm just a pesty friend :cheers: )....damn glad to meet you and you stay safe if you have to go to the sandbox again :P

Holy cow that was a blast!

As much fun as Atlanta was, I think this one was just awesome.

CONGRATULATIONS to KC!!!

STELLAR job folks, just first rate all the way. Cannot rave to much about the way things went.

We were commenting on how low-key and calm the guys from the host chapter seemed, and how smoothly it all seemed to run. I'd bet there were things behind the scenes that always happen, but the "feel" of the entire thing was that of everything just gliding along.

I LOVED the venue. The model room was the best lit I've ever seen at any contest anywhere. The vendor room flowed nicely.

Had a great time at the ARC events. Just an all-around wonderful time.

Steve, Steve, Frank and I stayed up 'till the wee hours this morning delving into all manner of topics ranging from the inanane to the truly philosophical and just had a ball.

Whatever you do, you have a year to arrange your life in order to be in OC, and if you REALLY want a great time you'll do whatever you have to to make it next year. Already conting the days.

I wish I could have stayed and chatted with you guys until the wee hours. I was so doggone tired, though, that I wanted to get home. 25 minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but when you can barely keep your eyes open, it's a hard drive. Still, it would have been fun to be part of the discussion. I'll stay up all night in '08 at VA Beach!

We were commenting on how low-key and calm the guys from the host chapter seemed, and how smoothly it all seemed to run. I'd bet there were things behind the scenes that always happen, but the "feel" of the entire thing was that of everything just gliding along.

I LOVED the venue. The model room was the best lit I've ever seen at any contest anywhere. The vendor room flowed nicely.

Had a great time at the ARC events. Just an all-around wonderful time.

Steve, Steve, Frank and I stayed up 'till the wee hours this morning delving into all manner of topics ranging from the inanane to the truly philosophical and just had a ball.

I agree. This show had such a great feel to it, and as I've said before, I think that the whole atmosphere of the show reflected the atmosphere of the city itself....very casual, laid back, and just seemed to have a very nice flow. If there were issues going on behind the scenes (as I'm sure there are with any contest), no one knew about it. The KC staff was absolutely amazing, went out of their way to help people, and put on an outstanding, seamless convention. I just can't say enough good things about it.

Don't know what's in the cards for '07 yet, but I do know that I'll be heading to VA Beach in '08, especially because it's driveable, and I can finally bring some of my finished models for everyone to laugh at. <_<

Looks like I'm last ... home today at 1600 ... but we went down to Paducah, KY, so wifey could raid Hancocks for quilt material, then over to Asheville, NC, so she could raid someone else, then finally home ... a trail of broken credit cards ...

We both had a great time !!!

John

:whistle: :huh: Checked into the Hyatt for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Accompanied by Jeff Brundt and Rick Reinbott (all escapees from St. Louis). Got home around 12:30 Sunday afternoon. Had a blast, but regret not meeting Steve. How DID I manage to let that happen? I'm still blow away by the superb work on display in all categories. One sour note, I may be living in a pup tent once the charge slips start coming in from the time I spent in the vendor area. LOL. :blink: Ivan Rich

Made it back with no problems, should have took the early flight though. Sure was great meeting so many of you. Its always fun putting faces with names. I learned a lot from the Speakers and I didnt even attend one seminar. Just kept talking to everyone. I met an F-22 pilot an F-15 pilot and two gentlmen that really enlightened me with their exsperiences in Vietnam. Glad to see all of you again and lets do it again in 2 years.

Trevor Murphy

Steve,

Great to have met you and all the other ARC members. Get some well deserved rest.

David

I'm just checking in......and I hope others will to. I got home safe and sound after sleeping only 4 or 5 hours per night all week and not sleeping at all the last night.....choosing to sit up with friends all night in the lobby and talk on the final night.

What a time I had!!!

Steve B

ARC Night Shift

Steve,

Great to have met you and all the other ARC members. Get some well deserved rest.

David

It was good to see you Dave.....I think I can probably recognise you with out you name tag now. :thumbsup: It was a true blue blast and an honour to meet you and I look forward to having breakfast with you at the next Nats we attend. People have no idea how much I enjoy meeting them.......for me that's the best part of the nats.

I'm seriously thinking about building a model for a future Nats.....athough this winter might be the year I build a big doll house for my youngest.

Steve B