Are there winner-pictures yet!?

From my understanding from the IPMS internet coordinator they should be up in the next few days. He was trying to work on it in the hotel, but the hotels server went down. I would give it a few days and I am pretty sure it will be up.

Mike

Yes, guys please, give us a few days to catch our breath. Either we or the IPMS/USA website will have the winners posted as soon as possible.

You guys listen to Kelly...they did a bang up job and its time for them to get some rest....we can wait a couple weeks for pictures from the KC Crew....let them hug their kids and get a beer :banana:

Damn fine job Kelly...glad to meet you

Here I think is the Best of Show winner, the USS Kidd, forgive me if this is the wrong ship. I finally got home after a two day drive and now I'm trying to get pictures off to Phil. I tryed to send him a little bit of everything for him to post, but my computer and the wireless at the hotel I was staying at didn't want to talk to one another so I had to do it the old fashon way, dial-up! 30 minutes it took to send 5 pictures!!! :beer4:

There were so many great models there this year, I'm an aircraft nut, but I think the ships were the best I've ever seen.

Anyway, I hope everybody liked what I got and Phi,l I QUIT!!! :(

Duane "Spy" Kaiser

P8050054.jpg

Duane,

I want to sincerely thank you and Pat for helping IPMS/SLC get pics of the contest out first. I just love doing that.

I will get your other pics posted tonight and might have to try and meet up to get the CD from you before the meeting. These guys just don't have any patiance when it comes to seeing pics and making them wait til the end of the month would be cruel (course, now there are several sets of pics up to tide them over).

Oh, and by the way, you can't quit, it ain't a paying job. (but I am hoping to be at OC next year so you can have a break).

Best of Show went to Bob Stienbrunn with his 1/192 USS Kidd.

Now there's a name that goes way back! Glad to hear Bob is still at it. He is the modeler that got me to using brass tube for my prop shafts on my in-flight models. Loved all his old FSM articles. Nice pic of the model too Falcon.

Caz

IMHO, Bob was was the spark that ignited the resin cockpit and accessory aftermarket industry. What he was doing 20 years ago (i.e., scratchbuilding cockpits) is what we should be doing now!

Yep, I never use P/E or resin, if not already included with the kit and many times then may use the P/E as a template to cut the part from styrene sheet. I use styrene rod, tube, and sheet like the good ol' days. It's easier than dealing with P/E and more artistic than using someone else's resin. Get it all "cheap' too at the local model RR shop.

But I will ruin my hobby with a Mike Grant decal every now and then. ;)

Caz