Help - Airbrush doesn't spray!!

Help ;) Just loaded up my badger 100 FX ( side feed ) airbrush with some paint, hooked it up to compressor, switched it on and tried to test on a piece of paper. I had recently bought this a/b off Ebay and person assured me it had only been used a few times.

Anyway, nothing, no paint comes out. Air yes, i can hear it hissing and feel the stream out of the front of airbrush but no colour comes out whatsoever.

Im all loaded up and nowhere to go.

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be or what im doing wrong.

eagerly awaiting advice

Kevin

First remove the paint cup. If you put your finger over the front (making sure the cap is on), when you pull back the trigger, do you get air coming out of the side opening. If you do, then most likely your paint cup is clogged. If not then you may have an internal problem. I would suggest a quick strip down and clean, to double check (just in case the seller may have "only used it a few times" and not cleaned it). If you are still having problems, you may want to consider contacting Badger or sending it to Badger for repair.

>> Badger contact details <<

Hope you get it up running ;)

Undo the locknut, and see if the needle slides back, and forth, freely. If the brush hasn't been used, for some time, there might be some dried paint holding the needle in the tip, so that it can't move.

Edgar

if you can dissasemble it, Dissasemble it ( just remember how to assemble it back). Basicly dip in thinner (laquer thinner preferebly, if the guy used Acrilics for paint) the center section and the nose of it... and with a cloth clean the needle.

Works for me

Take Care

if you can dissasemble it, Dissasemble it ( just remember how to assemble it back). Basicly dip in thinner (laquer thinner preferebly, if the guy used Acrilics for paint) the center section and the nose of it... and with a cloth clean the needle.

Works for me

Take Care

Thanks for the replies so far guys....

Hmmm i did open it up last night and gave it a general clean, though didnt dip the nose ( there is no "centre" section ) in lacquer. No go - still didnt spray paint.

I read somewhere that i should try to spray water and see if that comes out although i have no idea what that would achieve or prove???

Any more clues guys :crying: im stumped for what to try next!!

I read somewhere that i should try to spray water and see if that comes out although i have no idea what that would achieve or prove???

If you can push water, you should be able to push 'properly thinned' paint. Thinner works too. Throw

some liquid on the two major air connections (at the compressor and the A/:crying: and make sure you

don't see any bubbles. If you do try some plumbers tape on the connections.

I'm not familiar with the 100FX but if it has similar back-end parts to the 150 series then make

sure that the 'knurled' knob ahead of the needle chuck screw is tightened all the way forward

(only because that bagged me once on my 150)

What pressure are you running at?

Badger is great for repairing airbrushes. On their website they list out the procedure used to send them an airbrush. I would send your airbrush along to them and have them check it out. I beleive Badger aurbrushed have a lifetime guarantee. I just sent them my Sotar to have it looked at because its not spraying properly. Their website is www.badgerairbrush.com

Kevin, make sure you have thoroughly cleaned the brush and everything is in its right place. 90% of problems are usually 'dirt' related. If all else fails, as Dave said, send it to Badger. Bit of bubble wrap and pop in a small padded Jiffy bag, it will cost you less than £2 to post. Don't forget to write a courteous note explaining the problem and you will get a like new brush returned to you, usually without charge. HTH Aidan

Edited by aidan