Which eurofighter could I buy??

hellow fellos.... I would like to buy an eurofigter, and I only want to buy the best one.

wich is the best revell 1/48, or 1/72???

thats all for now

thanks

Well, it really depends. The 1/72 kit is a twin-seater, has really good decals, crisp engraving, but lacks in armament (it's missing two stations, and only has Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and undecalled Meteors), and it only comes with two drop tanks. It's a dream to build though (unless you manage to step on its nosecone, flattening it beyond salvation).

The 1/48 kit is a single-seater, and has a much larger supply of armament, including IRIS-T and ASRAAM missiles, TAURUS glide bombs and Storm Shadow cruise missiles in addition to what was in the 1/72 kit. It also has the last two weapons stations, and a full set of tanks. It's got an even bigger decal sheet too, with a few more options. On the other hand, the engraving is less crisp, it has ejector pin marks in some very inconvenient spots, and will probably be a much harder build.

Which one you get only really matters if you're interested in specifically single- or twin seaters, or if you're looking to use kit armament exclusively. When built as clean airshow birds, it doesn't really matter which one you're building...

SP

Having just finished the 1/72 kit, I found it to be very nicely detailed, with a few fit issues but it builds up to a real nice model. I think I only paid about $15.00 USD for it as well.

Here it is:

typhoon6.jpg

Edited by volzj